CHAPTER FOUR

It was three thirty in the morning, Tom had turned the light back on and we had ended up sitting on the bed talking. I told him everything, and as I told him I started feeling a lot better.

"What do you think I should do?" I asked him after a second of silence.

"I can't tell you what to do, but I can tell you my story." he took a deep breath, "A few years ago my older brother and I got in a fight over a girl. It was horrible, I felt bad, I still do. If I was you I would forgive your sister. I haven't seen, or even talked to my brother in five years. If you want to keep seeing your sister, you should forgive her."

"That's what my mom said, but in different words." I said with a sigh.

"Well, all this talking is making me hungry," he said, with a smile on his face. "Would you like sandwich?"

"Sure." I hadn't noticed, but I was hungry too. It had been almost ten hours since I ate last.

Tom got up from the bed and stretched. He picked up a shirt from the floor and put it on. He then walked towards the door and I followed. When we got to the kitchen he took out everything we needed for sandwiches. He finished making his sandwich first, he took it and sat at the table. I took mine and sat in front of him.

"When was the last time you had a girl over?" I asked.

"Um...Its been a while," he laughed, "I would probably have one over more often, but when they ask me where I live and I tell them 'upstairs' they leave."

"Are you serious? Dude, its awesome that you live above your shop. You don't have to wake up earlier, there's no need to worry about traffic and all that stuff."

"Well, I guess others don't see it that way." he said, getting up from the table, "Even my parents don't like it that I live up here. But, you know what? I'm happy here. That's all that matters." He paused for a second, "We should probably be going to sleep its getting late."

I followed him back to the bedroom. When he walked in he took off his shirt and looked at me, "Is it uncomfortable for you, me being in just my boxers?" he asked a little shyly.

I tried to make fun of him a little, "No, I like the view. You're very...muscular." I said, smiling.

"Oh, really? If I wasn't mistaken I would have thought you were hitting on me." he said, a smile forming as he sat on the bed.

"You know we're only friends, nothing more." I told him walking around the bed. As I said those words I saw his smile fade.Then after that it got a little awkward. I laid on the bed and as soon that my head hit the pillow, I was asleep.

I sat up quickly, remembering what I had dreamt. Strange dream. I looked around and noticed that I wasn't in my room. Then I remembered that I had spent the night with Tom. I got up from the bed and walked over the bathroom. I rinsed my mouth and stared at myself in the mirror. I looked tired. Once I was back in the bedroom, I put my clothes back on and saw what a mess this place was. I started by fixing the bed. Then I went around the room picking up clothes and putting them in what I thought was the laundry basket. I walked out to the living room and picked up more clothes. When I stopped in front of the center table I saw that there was dishes piled there. I took them to the sink only to find it full. I washed all of the dishes and looked at the time, it was about to be two in the afternoon. Right when I was getting my sweater off the couch, I heard the front door open. I turned and saw Tom walk in.

"Good morning sleepy head." he said, a smile on his face, "How did you sleep?"

"I've had worse." I said, it looked like he was going to apologize, but I interupted, "I'm kidding."