CHAPTER FIFTEEN

I stood in the airport waiting. I looked around hoping to see him and there he was, "Matt!" I yelled, as I saw him walk through the crowd. As soon as he saw me, a smile spread across his face. I ran my way to him; he dropped his bag as I jumped into his arms.

"Hey." He said as he wrapped his arms around me. "I knew I'd be welcomed with open arms." He pressed his lips to mine then set me down. He held my hand as we made our way out of the airport.

"Are you sure you don't want to go home and relax?" I asked as we parked in front of M and M.

He took my hand, "I relaxed enough on the plane. Plus, I've been gone for a while and have missed some new releases." We got off the car and stood in front of the door.

He took my hand and as he opened the door I felt my heart speed up. I felt my heart stop as we walked inside. I looked around and Tom was nowhere in sight. I took a deep breath to calm down and followed Matt.

I was looking at a CD when Matt pulled me into a deep kiss. "Oh, my God." I heard someone say-I knew that voice-then a loud noise. It was like something heavy was dropped. I turned in that direction and saw Tom. "Annie?" He said, his voice cracked a little. From where I was standing I could see his hands shaking. He started backing away and walked toward the door to his loft.

"Tom, wait." I called after him. I pulled away from Matt and ran after Tom. "Tom." I said as I walked through the door.

"What do you want?" He said with his back to me, "Are you here to finish breaking my heart?" He turned to look at me and I saw tears rolling down his cheeks. "I thought we had something, Annie. But I can see this all just a game to you."

I felt my eyes sting, "No. How could you say that? Don't blame this on me. You knew that I was still with him. But that didn't seem to bother you."

"I thought you had dumped him. Why the hell didn't you tell me? We could have stopped what was going on. Instead, you led me on, thinking that I actually had a shot at winning you over." He was quiet for a second, "Tell me, did all those nights mean nothing to you?" He sounded angry.

"Yes, of course they meant a lot to me. Do you think I would just give you my virginity?" I couldn't hold back the tears anymore.

"Did you sleep with him?" Matt asked from behind me. I didn't hear him come in.

I turned to look at him, "Matt, what are you-" I didn't finish.

"Annie, did you sleep with him?" He repeated. His eyes turned red when I didn't respond.

"Annie," Tom said. I turned to look at him, "I hate to do it, but you're gonna have to choose. I can't be just your friend anymore. It has to be more or nothing at all. Who's it gonna be me or him."

"He's right, Annie." Matt said, "I understand that I've been gone, so you turned to him, but he's right, it's me or him."

I stood there looking at them both, "I can't." I walked out the door and as I was walking through the store Mike walked in.

"Annie." He said.

"This isn't a good time, Mike." I said, I started walking, but he stopped me.

"It'll only take a minute." I heard the door behind me open as Mike put his hand in his pocket, "It's now or never." He took out a little box and got down on one knee, "I know you're only fifteen, but we've been spending time together and I remembered why I fell in love with you, so I want to ask. Will you marry me?"

"There's another guy?" Matt asked.

"Who are you?" Mike asked.

"I am her boyfriend, well maybe not anymore, now that I know there's two other guys." Matt responded.