CHAPTER THIRTEEN

I got home and looked at the mail. There was another letter from Matt. I opened the letter on my way to my room. In the letter he said that he will be back for the holidays, Christmas.

I was excited to know that he was coming back in two weeks, but then it crossed my mind, Tom.

I have two weeks to stop whatever is happening between Tom and me and pretend like it never happened. I don't want to just...tell him that what we have has to stop. It'll hurt his feelings. I mean I don't have to tell, all I have to do resist him. What he doesn't know can't hurt him, right?

I heard noise at my window and I quickly threw the letter under my bed.

"What are you doing?" Tom asked as he sat next to me.

"Nothing. Waiting for you." I lied.

He got close to me and was about to kiss me, but I turned my head making him kiss my cheek.

"Are you ok?" He asked.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?"

"Then why won't you kiss me?" He looked hurt.

I took his face in my hands and kissed his cheek, "Better?"

"Not really. Is something bothering you?" He took my hands in his.

"No. It's just that I'm...on my period and I've got cramps. I don't want to do anything physical." I said. That wasn't a complete lie. I'll have to think of something because this excuse will only last about a week.

"Can't you...stop it for like two minutes? It's all we need." He smiled a little.

"It's not something I can control. It happens on its own." I smiled a little, "Don't you know that?"

"Guys don't need to know that. Sure I've been taught about it, but I never paid attention. I'm not a woman to worry about those things."

"You kind of do, for times like these." I laid down on my side, "I don't know about you, but I am tired. Goodnight, Tom."

I felt him move then his arm over me. "Goodnight." He whispered in my ear then kissed my cheek.

I woke up and the first thing I saw was Tom's chest. He was still lying on his side, I must have turned. Very slowly and carefully, I pushed his arm away from me and I slid from underneath it. Gently, I set it on the bed and I made a run to the bathroom. I decided that since I was up earlier than usual I might as well take a shower. As I was walking into my room, that's when it hit me. I know how I will stop whatever is going on between Tom and me.

I walked into my room and found Tom sitting up against the wall watching TV. As soon as he saw me a smile spread across his face, "Good morning." He said.

"Good morning." I walked to my closet and started getting dressed, "I have a challenge for you." I said.

"Ok, what is it?" he kept his eyes on me.

I took a seat next to him, "I want to make a bet with you."

"What do you want to bet?" He seemed interested without even knowing what the challenge was.

"You don't even know what the challenge is." I looked at him in the eyes, "At the cabin you said it wasn't all about sex, right?" I asked.

"Yes." He said slowly.

"The challenge is how long you can go without sex. Not only with me, but all together. I bet you cannot go one straight month without sex." I smiled at his sad expression.

"Normally, I wouldn't take up that challenge, but I want to prove to you that I can do it." He leaned forward.

"That includes no intimate touching, and definitely no kissing." He was about to protest, "It's that or if you don't want to take up the challenge, you can't come over anymore."