CHAPTER ELEVEN

It has been almost three weeks since our getaway. I was scared and that's what in doing here.

I had told Tom not to pick me up from school because I had to do something.

I stood in the women products aisle and looked at all the pregnancy tests. It made me more nervous just looking at them. I finally decided, grabbed two and went to the register.

The clerk gave me a look that I didn't like. I could almost hear his judgmental thoughts. I shook it off and left. Before I walked out the store I put the tests in my bag.

I started walking towards M and M, my house was not safe. If my mom were to find out she'd kill me. Tom's place would be safe.

I was having trouble deciding if I should tell Tom I was taking the tests or if I should do it alone.

"Hey, guys." I said as I walked in.

"Hey." Noah and Tom said.

"Tom, can use your bathroom?"

"Yeah, go ahead."

I walked out the back door and up the stairs. I entered the bathroom, closed the door and locked it.

Three minutes have never felt so long in my life. I paced, waiting. Time was up and I looked at them.

I pulled out my phone and told Tom to come up. A minute later I heard the front door open.

"Annie?" Tom said. I walked out of the bathroom and he was standing by the front door, "What's wrong?"

I stood before him, "I'm pregnant." I said in a serious voice.

"What? No, you can't be, I wore a condom." He put his arms around me, "I'm so sorry." He was quiet, "A baby? Wow, I wasn't expecting that." He was quiet for a while. "I'm actually kind of excited. We'll be fine."

I pulled away, "It's a joke. I took a test, well, two and they were negative."

"Wait, you took tests. Why didn't you tell me? You should have come to me."

"I'm sorry, I was scared. You're not mad, are you?"

"No, but I would have liked to be there for you."

"Were you actually happy?"

"Well, yeah, it would give you a reason to stay with me. You'd move in and I'd take care of you."

"You though of all that in five minutes?"

"Yeah."

"At least I know if anything were to happen I'd be ok." I kissed his cheek and started for the door.

He held on to my arm and turned me to look at him, "We haven't done it in three weeks. I think Noah will be ok on his own for a few minutes." He smiled a little.

"How 'bout tonight? It's Friday."

"I'll be waiting." He kissed me then followed me out the door. "Hey, what kind of things do you like to do, on your spare time?" He asked.

"All kinds of things." I stopped before I got to the door. I turned and pushed him against the wall, "Recently, I enjoy something else." I whispered in his ear.

"Can't wait for tonight." He kissed my forehead and followed me out the door. "Really, what do you like to do?"

"Hang out, watch a movie, I prefer romantic movies. In case you were wondering."

"Anything else?" He walked into the storage room.

"Are you a video game person?" I asked.

"I play every now and then, not as much as before. Why? Do you?"