𝐌𝐈𝐘𝐀𝐆𝐈-𝐃𝐎 𝐊𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐄

SAMANTHA and Katherine were lounging around by the pool sunbathing after a stressful day of school

SAMANTHA and Katherine were lounging around by the pool sunbathing after a stressful day of school. "Miguel huh?" Katherine said interrupted Samantha making her shut her laptop and look at her cousin, blush covering her face. "What he's a good guy okay. Especially after standing up to me the other day in front of everyone." Katherine nodded knowing deep down that Miguel also had feelings for his cousin even though he wouldn't admit it to her. They were both interrupted by Daniel who had a proposition for both of them.

"Hey, what's going on? You girls going for a swim?" He asked making Katherine shake her head. "No not today." Samantha said shutting her laptop, a frown prominent on her face. "Great You wanna spar with your old man?" He asked making his niece raise an eyebrow at him. "Karate?" Sam asked raising a brow. "Yeah, and you don't have to say it like it's the flu. Besides I know you haven't practiced in a while, Kat you interested?" Katherine was about to respond but Samantha had cut her off. "Come on dad, that was like eight years ago." Daniel scoffed playfully.

"Well eight years isn't that long." Daniel pressed making Katherine smirk at their father daughter banter. "Eight years ago, we were both eight." Samantha said smiling. "Come on, Sam you remember that time you nailed me in the jaw with the flip kick." Daniel reminisced making Katherine chuckle remembering that memory. "You had to eat soup for a week, it was pretty funny." Daniel gave his niece a playful glare. "Today's just not great. I have a lot of homework." Samantha said lying. "All right, I gotcha. No sweat, gotta hit the books. You hit the books." He said in a sad tone.

"Is that okay?" Samantha asked hesitantly hating that she was lying to him. "Yeah come on. You'd be doing me a favor. I don't have to block that foot of fury." Daniel joked lightening the mood. "Thanks dad." Samantha said as both girls watched Daniel walk off with his head down in defeat. Katherine turned to Samantha who looked down guiltily. "Why'd you lie to him?" She questioned getting a shrug in response. "Wasn't really feeling it I guess." Samantha said grabbing her laptop and leaving Katherine outside. Lies she thought to herself... wondering what was actually wrong.

💥💥💥

CHANGING into a pair of leggings and a crop top Katherine made her way to the pool house knowing her uncle would be practicing his karate. She felt bad that Samantha wouldn't spar with him so she decided it was best for her to refresh her knowledge on it. Walking into the room she noticed her uncle doing a series of stretches she didn't quite recognize. "Knock knock." She said catching his attention. "You changed your mind?" She nodded making Daniel smile. "Come on follow my lead." Katherine nodded joining her uncle.

"Hey. Robby." Daniel said making Katherine stop in mid pose. "Did... Did you sense that I was here?" Robby asked making Katherine let out a small laugh. "Oh. Reflection." Daniel pointed to a small mirror that was pointed towards the door. "Oh, yeah. Right. Here's the sales report you asked for." Katherine gave him a surprised look as Robby handed Daniel the envelope. "Sales report. Yeah, this is, um... This is good stuff. Very important." Daniel looked down at what the envelope contained making Katherine's eyes widen. "Did... you didn't share this with anyone else, did you?"

"No, sir. Your eyes only." Robby confirmed making Katherine mentally face palm. "That's good. We wouldn't want this sensitive material to fall into the wrong hands, now would we?" He said showing Robby the magazine 'sales report' that the envelope actually contained. "Damn it, Louie." He said laughing to himself. "That one's on you, pal." Daniel said handing him back the envelope. "Next time you gotta outsmart the dope." Katherine said making Robby smile at her. "Yeah." Robby chuckled. "Fool me once, right?" He looked between both of them.

"That karate you were doing, where's the punching?" Katherine looked at her uncle. "Well, karate isn't all punching and kicking." Daniel explained. "It's actually more about balance." Katherine added. "That didn't even really look like karate." He pressed making Katherine scoff, that was definitely such a boy thing to say. "Blueprints don't actually look like cars either, do they?" Daniel added making Katherine nod in agreement. "What do you mean?" Robby questioned. "That was kata. It's the foundation of my karate."

"It's cool." Robby said continuing to look around the small dojo. "You want to stick around? Learn a few things?" Daniel asked making Katherine nod in agreement. "Sure. All right." He shrugged off his bag and set it down next to the door. Katherine smiled at him when his eyes met hers. "Don't worry it may seem a little strange at first but I promise in due time it'll make sense." Robby nodded. "How long have you been doing this for?" He asked as they both followed Daniel's lead. "Eight years." She said catching Robby off guard. "Didn't take you for a Karate person Katherine." This made her smirk.

"There's still a lot you don't know about me Keene."

Sorry for another short chapter! I promise it'll get even better soon! I'm updating way more than I normally do, since I start school again this week

Sorry for another short chapter! I promise it'll get even better soon! I'm updating way more than I normally do, since I start school again this week. We're halfway through season one! Any predictions?! 🤔