𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐓𝐎 𝐒𝐂𝐇𝐎𝐎𝐋

"HEY, YOU READY?" Katherine asked Sam who was looking at her reflection in the mirror

"HEY, YOU READY?" Katherine asked Sam who was looking at her reflection in the mirror. Katherine followed her gaze to the patch on her arm the covered the scars Tory's bracelet had left behind. She was about to say something when Samantha grabbed a nearby sweater and put it on over her dress. "Yeah, I'm ready." She said grabbing her backpack and following her cousin downstairs. After drinking a breakfast smoothie Amanda had left for them they both made they way to the front door.

"You want me to drive?" Katherine asked noticing Sam's rather glum expression. "Yes please." Sam answered as Katherine nodded grabbing her keys off the table. "Are you nervous?" Samantha asked Katherine as she parked her car in front of the school turning off the ignition. "Yes and no, we just have to pretend like we're not bothered to survive this year." Samantha hesitantly nodded following after her cousin as they went to go stand in line to get their bags checked in order to enter the school.

The security guard gave both girls their bags as they mumbled a quick 'thank you' before looking around the school. Katherine noticed as soon as they walked in girls near the trophy case were staring at both of them mumbling something they couldn't quite understand. "Just ignore them." Katherine told Sam as she grabbed grabbed her hand already wanting this day to be over. Katherine made eye contact with Moon who gave her a small smile. Yet she didn't expect Yasmine to be walking alongside her. "I'd be a little nicer. Half the kids know karate now."

Katherine heard Moon say to Yasmine. "Does that make Aisha queen bitch?" Yasmine asked rolling her eyes. "You didn't hear? After the fight, her parents moved her to a private school. They put their house up for sale." Moon explained making Katherine's eyes widened she had no idea. "At least there's some good news." Yasmine shot back making Moon scoff. "Maybe for you. I feel bad for Sam. Her and Aisha were old friends." With that both girls passed by without another glance at the two.

Katherine hadn't noticed that Samantha froze at the front of the staircase until she saw Demetri approach her making Samantha flinch. "Oh. Easy there, Captain Marvel. Same team, remember?" Demetri said holding his hands up in surrender. "What's up Demetri." Katherine said bumping her fist against his. Yet he didn't have time to reply due to Sam mumbling something. "I have to go." She said walking around the staircase. "She okay?" Demetri asked as they both watched her walk away. "No, I should probably go check on her, I'll see you at lunch."

He nodded as Katherine started walking in the same direction her cousin went. Taking out her phone from her back pocket she texted Sam hoping to get a reply but instead she needed up bumping into someone. "Shit, I'm so sorry." She said picking up half of the persons books. "Why don't you watch where the hell your going?" The person she bumped into said ripping his books from her hands. Looking up she met his angry hazel eyes who were glaring at her. "I said I'm sorry, maybe you should get that attitude of yours checked."

Not waiting for his response she noticed Sam leaving through the back door of the school. "Hey, come on we're gonna be late for class." Katherine said as she approached her cousin. "What's wrong, don't think I didn't see you freeze at the staircase." Katherine asked making Samantha sigh sadly. "I'm just not feeling it today, c-can we just ditch and go to Miyagi-Do please?" Sam pleaded making Katherine nod. Putting an arm around one another both girls left the school not looking behind once.

💥💥💥

ARRIVING at their old Dojo Samantha and Katherine sat down by the tree letting their thoughts consume them. So much for a good first day of school. "Sam? Kat?" Daniel asked making them both look up in shock. "Dad? What are you doing here?" Sam questioned not wanting to get in trouble. "What are you two doing here? Is Robby with you?" Daniel asked making Katherine's face light up with hope. "No. Have you heard from him?" She asked making Daniel shake his head.

"No. I was just out looking for him. I-Wait, why aren't you two in school?" He asked looking between both girls. "I thought I was ready. But then everybody was staring at me. I just had to get out of there. So... we came here. Well, In-N-Out, and then here." Samantha answered leaning her head on her cousins shoulder. "I get it. I've been in enough fights to know." Daniel said sitting in between both girls. "It's different when you're a girl. I mean, even if you win, you're not cool or tough. They think you're crazy."

"Then I think about what Miguel and Robby are going through, and I just... I feel so guilty." She said looking at Katherine apologetically to which she shook her head mumbling 'it's okay.' to reassure her. "It's not your fault. All this started before you were even born. If not for me and Johnny, there wouldn't have been a fight at all. This is my fault. I thought we were the good guys. We are. At least we try to be. That's what's most important. But there's one thing I do know for sure." He paused looking at his niece and his daughter who seemed to need his advice.

"And that's... that you can't run away from your problems. And I can't run away from mine." They both nodded tears spilling from both of their eyes. "Come here." Daniel said pulling both girls into an embrace which they all needed. Samantha was the first to pull away smiling at Daniel. "Thanks dad." She said getting up and going back into the dojo. "Uncle Dan I have something to confess." Katherine said making Daniel give her a worried look. "No it's nothing bad, well considering maybe it's not the right time but Robby and I were-"

"I know." Daniel admitted making Katherine's eyes widen with shock. "Wait what?" She asked going that she was hearing things wrong. Daniel laughed pulling her into another side hug. "Come on Kat, you may not be my daughter but I can read you like an open book. Besides you and Robby didn't necessarily make your relationship a secret. Staying after classes together and hanging out all the time. I know how you must be feeling right now so believe me when I say we will find him." He reassured making her smile. "Thank you, that means a lot uncle Dan."

After the heart to heart conversation with Daniel and finally telling the secret that had been eating her alive these past couple of months Katherine settled down on the couch turning on the TV and watching whatever random show was on there too tired to care. Yet she had no interested in going to bed not wanting tomorrow to come so early due to another dreadful day of school. Just thinking about it made her head hurt yet she needed the distraction to keep her mind off of the whole Robby and Miguel situation.

Suddenly her phone went off startling her midway through watching episode two of 'Outer Banks'. Not thinking too much about it she turned her attention back to the TV that is until her phone rang for the second time. Pausing the show she stretched and grabbed her phone that was on the edge of the couch. Opening up Instagram she saw that someone had liked the picture she and Sam had posted yesterday after arriving home from getting ice cream. Looking at the username she nearly dropped her phone in shock and excitement.

@miguel_diaz: surprised she didn't fall asleep halfway through New Moon 😆

Katherine reread the comment over and over again hoping it wasn't the tiredness making her see things so late at night. Yet it was still there even after she pinched herself. Not thinking twice she ran up the stairs and barged into Sam's room. "Everything okay?" Sam asked looking at her cousin strangely. "Miguel's awake!" She said finally catching her breath. Samantha's eyes widened as she heard the news tackling Katherine into a hug which she immediately returned. Finally some good news to end the day with after weeks of torture and tears.

First chapter of season three!! Sorry if it was a slow and rather boring chapter it was more of a filler but it will start to kick off in the next chapter which I will post later tomorrow! Thank you for 9k reads THAT'S so amazing!! THANK YOU ALL S...

Sorry if it was a slow and rather boring chapter it was more of a filler but it will start to kick off in the next chapter which I will post later tomorrow! Thank you for 9k reads THAT'S so amazing!!
THANK YOU ALL SO SO MUCH!