𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐂𝐑𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐒

AFTER a stressful PSAT test Katherine had found Samantha by some nearby lockers as she waited for Miguel

AFTER a stressful PSAT test Katherine had found Samantha by some nearby lockers as she waited for Miguel. "Hey." Samantha greeted Miguel giving him a chaste peck on the lips. "Hey." He responded making Demetri uncomfortable. "I'll meet you." He muttered giving them all a thumbs up. "What's with the doom and gloom?" Katherine questioned noticing her friend's change in demeanor making Miguel crack a smile. "Come on, l'm sure you did amazing, again." Samantha encouraged with a big smile hoping to lighten the mood.

"Yeah, I was just a little distracted." This made Katherine raise a brow at him. Something was definitely wrong. "What? Why?" She asked putting a hand on his arm in comfort. "The tournament. I don't have a lot of time to prepare, so." He rambled making Katherine even more certain that something was definitely bothering him. "Well, you had to have done better than me. The guy in front of me definitely did not shower. Made me completely forget how to calculate the volume of a sphere."

Katherine watched Samantha ramble making her think she was hiding something too. "But he definitely helped me remember the word malodorous." She ended her rant laughing. "So what did you do last night?" Miguel asked looking between both of them. "Ah, just a family dinner." Katherine responded nonchalantly making Samantha nod in agreement. "I'd like to meet them sometime. I've never been to your house." He said making Katherine give Samantha a curious glance. "Well, l've never been to your house either." Samantha countered. 

"You're more than welcome to come whenever you want to come. My mom would love to meet you. Or I can come to your house, meet your mom, your dad. The only person I know that's related to you is Katherine." He said pointing at the girl who was possibly witnessing their first fight as a couple. "You know, tonight's just really not a good night. Um, but we should totally hit up Ventura. Two milkshakes at Salt & Straw on me?" She asked changing the topic of the conversation. "Yeah, um, I should go train. Maybe another time."

Samantha's face fell. "Um, okay." Katherine watched as Miguel nervously tugged on the strap of his backpack. "But l'll call you later." He said making Samantha nod. Katherine watched as Samantha walked off in the opposite direction as Miguel. Wanting to know what was happening she told her cousin she'd meet her back at the house. "Hey, Miguel." The boy turned around a bit surprised at Katherine's actions. "What's up?" He asked making her shrug. "I don't know, you tell me. You were acting really weird in front of Sam. Everything okay?"

Miguel hesitantly nodded looking at her rather seriously. "If something was going on you'd tell me right Kat?" She was taken back by the sudden question. Yet she nodded her head wanting to be honest with him. "Yes of course. Samantha is my cousin but you are my friend too." Miguel nodded knowing that she was telling the truth by the sincerity of her eyes and voice. "Thanks, Kat I'll see you later." She nodded with a fake smile wondering what the hell has just happened.

💥💥💥

"HEY, MOM HAVE YOU SEEN DAD?" Samantha asked as she got home from school Katherine was behind her. "I really need to talk to him." Both girls entered the kitchen looking around for any signs of Daniel. "No, he's out, and I need to talk to you." Amanda said sternly. Shit that wasn't good. "Did you get into a hit-and-run accident a few months back? Before Katherine came back to LA?" She asked making Katherine look at her cousin with wide eyes seeing a guilty look on her face.