𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

AHHH I'M SO FREAKING EXCITED FOR THIS CHAPTER! ENJOY! 🧡

PROM. The night almost every high schooler had been dreaming of. Junior Prom. The one night of the year everything and anything could happen. Most girls would be stressing over their makeup, designer dresses, and having a date. That was certainly not the case for Katherine. She was one of the few girls that thought prom was overrated and would much rather stay in her pajamas watching The Vampire Diaries than stepping foot at a high school dance. "Hey, why aren't you getting ready?" Axel questioned, looking over at his sister who was still in sweatpants. "Is my dad down there?" Katherine deflected the question making Axel nod. "I'm not stepping one foot downstairs until he leaves."

She declared stubbornly. "Well, Amanda asked me to come and get you. Family picture." Axel announced. "Can't you just lie and say that I don't feel well or something?" Katherine pressed. As Axel was about to protest once more Katherine was quick to cut him off. "Please." She begged making Axel reluctantly nod, trudging back downstairs. After a few minutes, a knock was heard on Katherine's door. She muttered a quick 'come in' before turning her attention back to her laptop. "Are you really sick? Or just faking it." The voice of Amanda questioned making Katherine freeze. "What gave it away?" She asked. "Let's just say Axel is not such a bright liar." Amanda chuckled yet Katherine didn't budge.

"Is it because your father's down there?" At the mention of his name, all the horrible memories of that night came back making Amanda's face soften. "Oh sweetheart, what did he do?" She asked, pulling Katherine into a protective embrace. "I-I was just trying to be a good daughter and make amends, but h-he said that I was a complete lost cause that you and uncle Dan would soon realize that and kick me out." She sobbed making Amanda's heart, break. "Why didn't you tell us sooner? Katherine sweetheart, you know we love you and would never do any of the horrible things your father said." Katherine hesitantly nodded making Amanda hug her closer.

"It's not your fault that you tried to rekindle things with your father and he didn't respond the way you wanted. That only shows how mature you are, and how much of a selfish asshole he is. If he doesn't want to be in your life then he doesn't deserve you, Katherine. You're a bright young lady destined to accomplish great things. Daniel and I have had the pleasure of seeing you grow up. We're absolutely proud of you, never forget that." She assured. "T-Thank you, I don't know what I'd do without you guys." She sobbed as Amanda stroked her hair, attempting to calm her down. A sudden knock made both of their heads snap to the door. "Can I come in?" Samantha asked, noticing the tear stains on her cousin's face.

"Of course," Katherine nodded. "You look absolutely beautiful Sam." She complimented. "Thank you," Samantha smiled yet her eyes never left the dress hanging on  Katherine's door. "I'm sure you'd look even more beautiful. I really hope to see you there, Kat." Samantha encouraged giving her cousin a hug before walking downstairs to leave with Miguel. "The choice is all yours, sweetheart, we aren't forcing you to go." Amanda coaxed making Katherine nod. After a moment of debating all of the possibilities in her head, she had made her decision. "Can you help me with my hair?" Katherine asked making a smile appear on Amanda's face as she immediately nodded.