Chapter 20

While the Sons of Garmadon were handled for the most part, there was still one last enemy who had come to invade the Mushroom Kingdom to deal with. Clouse the ghost, who had teamed up with Fawful as well, was still a threat to deal with.

And boy, he was tough to deal with!

So the others hadn't noticed when Mario and Sonic had suddenly disappeared, when the duo left the kingdom to chase after Fawful.

Right now, Amy, Luigi, Tails, Rosalina, Maya, the Jesse twins, Aiden, Blaze, and Yoshi were all fighting against Clouse. In addition, since Morro mentioned that as a ghost, Clouse was vulnerable to water, they had brought Kate's Oshawott and Piplup to aid them, and even Morro's Zorua, Mangle, was trying to help. Tails had called Cream to bring more water-type Pokémon, but she still hadn't arrived.

None of the less, the group had to deal with Clouse on their own. They've dealt with the Sons of Garmadon and Dareth, and while the ninja handled Harumi, Clouse was the last for them to finish off.

Rosalina muttered a spell quietly, and her wand began to glow. She shot a blast of magic at Clouse, encasing the ghost in some ice.

The group stared at the frozen ghost, quiet as they were. They waited, and after a minute, it seemed like they had finally beaten him.

That is, until, the ice began to crack.

"Oh no!" Rosalina said quietly, forming a nervous look.

The ice completely cracked, and Clouse broke free, sending shards around him in all directions. Even though he was a ghost, Clouse could use his magic again, thanks to Fawful giving him that chance. The ghost magician shot a blast of magic out, and it hit Luigi.

"Luigi!" cried Amy.

Luigi fell back, losing his fire powers as he got hit. Amy frowned at Clouse when she turned to face the ghost. She charged at him with here Piko Piko hammer and swung it a few times. But each time Amy tried to hit Clouse, he had pulled out a weapon of his own, deflecting each attack.

Clouse grinned evilly as he dueled her, and he kicked back Amy. The Jesse twins came rushing over, but knowing that he couldn't duel two people at once, Clouse used his ghost form to fade away and turn invisible.

"Well that's just great!" M. Jesse sarcastically muttered.

"Morro didn't mention ghosts could do that!" said Aiden.

"You think you can defeat me just because your buddy told you about ghosts?! Ha! I'd like to see you try!" Clouse taunted them, his voice coming from somewhere.

The group didn't respond. Instead, weapons out, they remained armed and listened to their surroundings. They had to rely on their sense of hearing to know where Clouse was while he was invisible.

The group looked around, but they couldn't see Clouse. The ghost used his chance to get up on one of the Toad houses, and with the group looking around, he waited.

"Come out and show yourself!" Aiden shouted.

"With pleasure!" Clouse shouted.

He shot a blast of magic, aiming at the group. Most of the group jumped out of the way, but the one who didn't manage to avoid the attack was F. Jesse. She got hit by the spell, and she let out a cry as she collapsed.

"Sis, you okay?!" cried M. Jesse.

"No... world's... spinning..." groaned F. Jesse. She looked down and put both of her hands to her head, trying to stop the feeling of nausea.

Yoshi gasped as he saw F. Jesse collapse and feel dizzy. He frowned and stuffed some fruits in his mouth. The dino jumped up, and spotting Clouse on the building, he shot the fruits out of his mouth like he was firing bullets in a gun.