Chapter Three

Today i was in Mr. Tanner's classroom with Elena, Bonnie, Matt and Stefan. As i sat in my seat which was in the far back where i saw Stefan and Elena taking glances at each other and having Matt stare at Elena.
"The battle of Willow Creek. Took place right at the end of the war. In our very own town Mystic Falls. How many casualties resulted in this battle? Miss Bennett?" Mr. Tanner asked looking at Bonnie.
"Uh...a lot, I'm not sure...but like a whole lot." Bonnie did sound unsure of the answer.
"Cute becomes dumb in an instant, Miss Bennett." Bonnie shrinks in her seat. I shook my head at how rude the teacher was being.
"Mr. Donovan?" Mr. Tanner looks at Matt. Matt look up. Uh-oh.
"Would you like to take this opportunity to overcome your embedded jock stereotype?" Mr. Tanner said almost with a cocky tone.
"That's okay, Mr. Tanner, I'm cool with it." I smiled and Mr. Tanner looked at my way.
"Madison. Surely you can enlighten your friends about one of this town's most significant historical events."
"I'm sorry. I don't know." I actually didn't but he brought up one thing that angered me.
"I was willing to be lenient last year, for obvious reasons, Madison. But the personal excuses need with summer break." Elena's eyes widen and she grew mad too. No one quite believed Mr. Tanner went there. Suddenly the most unexpected person pipes up.
"There were 346 casualties, unless you're counting the local civilians." Stefan said looking at the teacher. I smiled.
"You're correct, Mr...."
"Salvatore." He nodded.
"Salvatore? any relation to the original Mystic Falls settlers?" he asked being nosy.
"Distant" Stefan went wry.
"Very good, sir, except there were no civilians casualties in that battle." He said with a cocky smile.
"Actually, there were twenty-seven. Confederate soilders fired on a church believing it to be housing weapons. They were wrong. The Founders' archives are stored in the Civil Hall, if you'd like to brush up on your facts. Mr. Tanner." Stefan says as Mr. Tanner felt humiliated. Stefan had a point and he looked back at me and smiled. And Elena stares ahead, trying to hide her smile.
Lunch time came around and i went down to the woods and ate my lunch there in the quiet. I heard leaves crushing as someone was coming up behind me. I turned around to see Damon. I smiled and stood up.
"What are you doing here?" I asked probably already knowing the answer.
"I came to see you, Madison." He said with a cocky grin. I shook my head.
"You shouldn't be here."
"Fine. I'll go." He looked annoyed and left in an instant.
Tonight there was a bonfire that Elena and i were going to. After coming home and going up stairs i got dressed in skinny jeans and a tank top. I put my leather black jacket on and waited downstairs. After Elena got ready we left the house with Bonnie.
We are now standing near a fire with drinks in our hand as people crowed around talking.
"It was more like a vibe." Bonnie said.
"What kinda of vibe?" I asked.
"Like a dangerous vibe. I debated even telling you." I shook my head.
"Arn't you taking this psychic thing a little to far?"
"All right, maybe I'm not psychic, but i do have good intuition. And when i touched Stefan, i felt something." Bonnie seemed a little freaked out.
"No sign of Stefan?" Bonnie and i asked.
"Mr. danger vibe?"
"All right, i take it back." Bonnie says.
Elena asks her to use her witchy thing to see if Stefan is coming. When Elena handed her a beer bottled Bonnie freaked. Elena pulled away freaked out.
"Okay, that was weird." she says trying to shrug it off.
"You think. What happened?" i asked a little worried.
"I don't know. I'm drunk. It's just, when i touched you, i saw a crow." Elena's eyes widening and stops cold.
"I don't know. I guess I'm drunk. I'm going to go get a beer." As Bonnie left i left in the opposite direction. I headed home know that the black crow was Damon. When i got home i grabbed a shower after eating pizza with Jenna. She was going to order pizza with Jeremy but he bailed and went to the bonfire. After my shower, i had on short shorts and a tank top. In my room i stood by my window fixing my hair in a pony tail when i saw Damon in the window. I opened my window to let Damon in. When he came in he had blood on his shirt.
"What the hell did you do?" I asked trying not to be loud. Damon looked down and shrugged it off.
"My meal. Sorry. I have something for you." Damon's hand went around my neck and then he turned me around to face the mirror. I saw Damon putting a black stone necklace around my neck.
"It's beautiful. What's it for Damon?" I asked turning around looking at his blue eyes. For some reason it felt like i knew him. It felt like we had a connection.
"That necklace stops me or any other vampire from compelling you." I touched the necklace and looked back at Damon but he was gone. As the wind blew the curtains i hear yelling from downstairs. Jenna was yelling at Jeremy until he told her about Vicky. Vicky was an old friend of mine until she started dating Tyler. I went downstairs to find Jeremy storming off to his room and Elena writing in her diary by the door. I shook my head and went upstairs. I grabbed my diary from underneath the board and started writing.
Dear Diary,
I couldn't have been more wrong. I thought that i could smile and nod my way through it. Pretend like it would all be okay. It seemed like a good plan. Let go of who i was. Create a life as someone new. Someone without a past. Without the pain. Someone alive. But it's not that easy. Te bad things stay with you. They follow you. You cant escape them. As much as you want to. All you can do is be ready for the good, so that when it comes, you let it in. Because you need it. I need it.