Chapter Twenty-Three

Madison's Pov:
It's been eight long weeks being human. Elena and Damon are now happy together and Stefan and I are together, happy as ever. Until I noticed my period was three weeks late. I sat in the bathroom with a pregnancy test that neither the three have noticed I came home with. Two whole long minutes, seemed like a long time but when it finally beeped I jumped to it reading it. I couldn't believe my eyes. I was PREGNANT!!! I threw the stick into the trash can and slowly left the bathroom imaging my life pass before my eyes. How was I going to tell Stefan? Let alone my sister or Damon? I bumped into a hard chest. I looked up noticing it was Stefan. Fear flashed before me as I stepped back trying to hide my emotions. I started to sob and Stefan looked at me with confusion. I fell to the floor with tears overflowing running down my cheeks. He knelt down pulling me into him and holding me.
"What's wrong?" He asked with a worried look. I tried to stop the crying long enough to say two words.
"I'm.....pregnant." I said stuttering alittle. Shock came across his face as he looked down at my stomach. He gasped and pulled me closer. He kissed me on the forehead.
"Everything will be okay. I'm not going anywhere." He picked me up bridal style and carried me to the bed. He then ever so lightly pulled the covers over me and kissed my cheek.
"I'll get you some tea." With that he left the room.
I had to stop crying. I didn't need Elena nor Damon to find out like this. Or Jeremy or my other friends. I lifted my hands to wipe away the tears. When Stefan came back up he handed me warm tea and sat on the edge of the bed. I looked over at him as I saw fear in his eyes. I sipped on the tea looking down into nothing.
After I drank my tea I took a nap but soon woke up to Damon yelling. I got up from the bed and walked down stairs where he was yelling at Stefan. Elena sat on the couch with her hands on her face. Damon turned around and noticed me standing there on the steps. He looked at me terrified as Stefan gave me a sorry look. I looked around at them confused. No one said anything as the room stayed quiet for several minutes. I finally broke the silence.
"What was you yelling about?" I looked at Damon. I walked toward him as he stepped back a few inches. I threw my hands in the air mad that no one answered me. I walked to the front of the door and began walking down the street. I was merely pissed off at Stefan, I was mostly pissed off at Damon.
The past few weeks were fine between us all. Damon finally chose Elena after I told him I wanted to be with Stefan when they came back from getting Bree. Stefan gladly held me tight away from any harm from Damon until he finally agreed to be with Elena. I agreed to be human so he could have his humanity back. I didn't care what the consequences were. But if I turned into a vampire again he would have to get his humanity on himself which by then something dramctic would happen to me that he would have no choice but to keep it on, according to Bree.
I came up to a big rock near the bridge and sat on it. That's when I heard footsteps behind me. I looked to find Damon walking up. He sat next to me looking out into the view.
"I'm sorry for the yelling. I was just shocked that order for me to have my humanity back on you would become pregnant." I didn't look at his face. But in his voice he was sorry. In the corner of my eye I saw him look at me.
"What are we all gonna do? I can't sit here and imagine my life anymore. It comes up blank. I wanted to spend eternity with Stefan and my sister. One day travel the world with Stefan and marry him. But now ....I ...I just can't..." I began crying again. Damon hugged me for awhile letting me just cry.
" It will be okay. Stefan will always love you. And we all will always be here for you. So stop crying and let's go celebrate by eating ice cream?" As tears ran down my cheeks I smiled a little. As I got up and turned around Stefan and Elena were standing there with tears in their eyes. I ran up to them and gave them both a hug. I hope one day our family will be forever happy.