Revealed

*****
28- Revealed

Sayuri stared at the wall in front of her. She wished someone would shake her awake from this awful nightmare.

It happened so quickly. The moonstone was shining. It was beaconing Sayuri to reach for it, and she did. Her Mama quickly grabbed it too. The next thing Sayuri knew was that she was on the ground with her Mama. Sayuri woke up- her Mama didn't.

Her Mama was alive. She was breathing just fine on her own. The doctors said that her vitals were good. It was just as if she was sleeping, and nothing could wake her up. Not even the Dragon Balls could help. Shenron could only grant wishes within Dende's power, and the moonstone surpassed it.

Sayuri felt hollow. It was all her fault. If she hadn't had grabbed the moonstone or gone to that fight, then her Mama would be okay.

Jude, who had been silently sitting next to Sayuri, grabbed her hand. His thumb ran over her knuckles in an attempt to soothe her. If Sayuri didn't feel so guilty, it would have worked.

She looked down at her lap, where Bankei's head was resting. He was asleep, his eyes red from crying. Gently, Sayuri pushed some of his dark hair back out of his face.

"Will you watch him?" She asked Jude as she started to stand. "I need to go wash my face."

Jude nodded, "of course."

The twins and Isabella were sitting in the hallway as well. Isabella had her head resting on Hai's shoulder, and if it weren't for the situation, Sayuri would have teased them. She didn't have much strength to do anything but to put one foot in front of the other.

Sayuri reached a bathroom and splashed cold water on her face. She let out a shaky breath as she leaned over the sink. She wanted to throw up, but her stomach was as empty as she felt.

There had to be something she could do. She touched the moonstone last with her Mama. The moonstone was what caused them to faint; maybe it could wake her Mama up! But the moonstone they knew about was gone. Sayuri assumed that it busted or vanished. She wasn't sure. Maybe her Mama even absorbed it, and that's why she couldn't wake up.

If the Dragon Balls couldn't help, then the moonstone must be the answer. And if the moonstone in this current time wasn't available, they would have to use a moonstone from the past.

Sayuri bolted out of the bathroom and almost ran into Jude, who had Bankei on his back.

"He woke up and was looking for you," Jude said. "Are you okay?" He raised an eyebrow.

"I have to get to Nona's lab," she said, taking off again. She could feel Jude behind her, but she didn't slow down any.

They reached the lab, and Sayuri quickly located the time-traveling bracelets her Nona had been working on. Bankei jumped down from Jude's back and walked over to her.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"I'm going to the past," Sayuri said as she grabbed a bracelet. She set it for sixteen years in the past. It would be before the Hiltheans came. "I'm going to find the moonstone and bring it back so Mama can wake up."

"What?" Jude's eyes widened in shock. "Are you sure that's a good idea?"

"It might be my only chance to save her," Sayuri shook her head slowly. "I have to try, at least. I need you two to let everyone know where I'm at, okay? Tell Daddy I'm sorry for not telling him first, but I'm going to save Mama. Okay, Bankei?" She glanced down but didn't see her brother. "Bankei?"

"I'm coming too!"

Sayuri glanced behind her and gasped. Bankei had on one of the bracelets and had it linked with hers. "Take that off!" She cried.