The Battle

WARNING- The SECOND scene of this chapter might be disturbing to some readers. It contains a hint of sexual abuse.

*****
22- The Battle

Trunks slipped on his shoes and stretched as he walked towards the front door. He usually didn't take naps during the day, but the night before had been a long one as he chased a group of vandals through West City with Pan. When he had woke up, Pan was gone, and panic rushed through him.

Thankfully, Pan was just out running errands, but it didn't stop Trunks' unrest. He knew Pan could handle herself, but with the Hiltheans looming over them, he was still worried.

Trunks walked outside of the building just in time to see Goten and Alister walking up.

"Hey, Buddy!" Goten called as he waved his arm.

"Hey, weren't you two patrolling today?" He asked.

"We just got off," Alister said.

Alister had joined the team just a week ago, and Bulma had nearly cried in excitement. She was so happy to have more Saiyans apart of her special elite squad. Trunks had teased her that she was starting an army of them.

"What are you doing?" Goten asked.

"Waiting for Pan," Trunks said. "She went out to run some errands, so I'm just waiting for her to get back."

'Guys!' Dende's voice rushed through Trunks, and he could tell by the looks Goten and Alister were making that they heard him too. 'Pan's in trouble!'

Trunks' eyes widened as his gut twisted. No! No! "Where is she?!" He demanded in a panic.

An image flashed through Trunks' mind of an alleyway in West City. He felt a pull deep in his gut, and he didn't think twice before he shot into the sky. Goten and Alister were right behind him, and Trunks raised his Ki, urging his body to go faster- he had to reach Pan and quick! He felt nauseous as he flew quickly. The thought of something happening to Pan unsettled him to his core. He shouldn't have gotten off the phone with her- he should have run to her!

They touched down right outside of the alley, and Trunks could feel Pan's erratic Ki. He was about to run inside when a dark blur passed him by. It only took him a few seconds to realize that it was Pan, and he grabbed her elbow as she was about to take off. She screamed, and his heart squeezed as he spun her around and grabbed her shoulders.

"Pan, it's me!"

She gasped, her dark eyes wide and full of tears. She was trembling, and her left cheek was red and whelping up. Trunks felt a red hot anger blister inside of him. Somehow, he knew who had done that to Pan, and it made him shake with rage.

Trunks' throat constricted, but he forced himself to speak. "What the hell did he do to you?"

Pan choked out a sob as she fell into his arms. She clutched him tightly as her body shook, and Trunks instantly wrapped his arms around her and held her securely.

"It's okay," Trunks whispered in her ear. "I'm here now."

Goten and Alister, who had run into the alley, rushed out. "He's gone," Alister said with a shake of his head.

"He'll be back," Pan croaked. She sniffed as she stopped crying. She leaned back and wiped her eyes and winced when she brushed her left cheek.

Goten let out a sharp gasp. "What the hell did he do to you?" He asked the same question Trunks had.

Pan swallowed hard, and gently Trunks reached out to stroke her cheek. She leaned into his touch and looked up at him. "Kain warned me that Leon was about to attack West City. He wants to destroy it, and us too. Kain wanted me to come with him, but I refused, and he got mad. We need to warn the others," she said with a slight panic to her voice. "We need to get everyone out of the city and-"