Premonition

*****
16- Premonition

Sayuri watched Pan and Goten spar with wide eyes. Their fighting styles hadn't changed much, but they had improved a lot in her timeline. It was still amazing to see them fight.

Before coming to the past, Sayuri had trained several times a week. She had wanted to be ready for a fight, but even all that training didn't help her. In the end, she hadn't been ready at all.

"GO, PANNY!" Bankei's scream knocked Sayuri out of her thoughts. "CREAM HIM!"

Sayuri chuckled and shook her head. Pan had a very spirited cheerleader.

Beside Sayuri, Trunks was pouting and mumbling to himself. "What's wrong with you?" She asked him.

"I want to spar with Pan, but she won't let me," he grumbled.

"Why not?"

"'Cause I caught them tainting my Gravity Room last week!" Vegeta barked as he glared at Trunks.

"We were not!" Trunks declared. "We were just kissing, but now, because of that, Pan won't spar with me!"

"Good! The Gravity Room is for training- not mating!" Vegeta huffed.

A spike of energy rushed through the air, and Sayuri glanced up just in time to see Pan go Super. Bankei let out a cry of delight. Goten went Super right after Pan to keep pace.

"Nono," Sayuri turned to look at Vegeta. "When did you first go Super Saiyan?" She asked curiously. He was one of the first ones to harness that power, along with her Grandpa Goku.

Vegeta furrowed his brows together and glanced at Trunks. "How old are you again?"

Trunks narrowed his eyes, "you're not funny."

"23 years ago," Vegeta said with a proud smirk. "It was nothing," he said with a shrug.

"That's not what mom said," Trunks commented.

"Don't listen to your mother," Vegeta hissed without venom. "She slanders me."

"And wasn't you 8?" Sayuri asked Trunks. She remembered her Daddy telling her about how he first transformed years ago.

"Yeah," Trunks nodded. "And I got punched in the face for it-" he glared at Vegeta.

"I bought you an ice cream afterward!" The man in question yelled.

"Can't you two get along?" Pan asked as she walked up to the group. Her golden hair was darkening into her normal black as she panted to catch her breath. "You two always bicker," she told Trunks and Vegeta.

"It's like you and Sayuri," Goten commented with a laugh as he walked up, Bankei on his shoulders.

"Is not!" Sayuri cried at the same time as Pan. She huffed and crossed her arms as Pan pouted.

XxXxX

"Are you being serious right now?" Pan asked as she watched Trunks stare out a window in Brief Manor's kitchen window.

"I can't see them," Trunks huffed. Either he didn't hear Pan, or he was ignoring what she said. He went over to another window and leaned down as he looked through it.

"Trunks," Pan called to him loudly.

"What?" He looked back at her.

"Seriously?" She raised an eyebrow.

"I just don't think that they should be left unsupervised," he muttered.

Pan let out a small sigh. It was cute that Trunks was already protective over Sayuri, but sometimes it was a bit too much. She looked at Bankei, who was sitting across from her. "Is he like this in the future too?"