Crazy

*****
5- Crazy

Pan's brain hadn't slowed down since Saturday. Her chest had hardly rested, either. Every time it would calm down, she would suddenly think of Trunks. She would think of how close he had gotten to her and how his deep voice had said her name almost like a purr. She would think of how his voice rang in her ears for hours after he left.

It was strange how her opinion on someone could change so fast, but Trunks had proved there was more than met the eye with him. Of course, at the end of the night, he had still teased her and caused her to huff and nearly hiss at him. She had found that his teasing wasn't as annoying as she used to think, and she wondered if it was because he had been sweet to her before that.

Pan's meal with Trunks had been nice. She remembered most of it before the alcohol started to kick in. He had listed without interruptions or judgment as she talked about the things she liked. She had listened to him too as he spoke about the stress of growing up as Bulma Brief child had on him. Everyone expected him to take over Capsule Corp when the time came, and although he was sure he could do it, he didn't want that responsibility. At least, not yet. He was still young, and handling a company would be draining.

Pan had been surprised to find out that Bulma agreed to wait until Trunks was ready to take over Capsule Corp. Until then, Trunks was free to do whatever he liked.

With a sigh, Pan shook her head and stared down at the notes in front of her that she hadn't been paying attention to. It was hard to focus on anything when she kept picturing Trunks' blue eyes looking at her so intently.

The bell went off overhead to signal the end of the lesson, and Pan let out a relieved sigh as she gathered her things together. She was making her way down the stairs of the classroom when Geo stepped in front of her. He had been ignoring her all day, which Pan didn't mind because she had nothing to say to him. But looking at him now, her eyes widened.  Geo had a black eye and busted lip.

"Pan," his voice shook slightly as he looked at her.

Pan forced herself not to sigh. She hoped Geo wouldn't lie to her and say he was in some accident that gotten him held up.

Trembling, Geo fell to his knees and bowed his head. "I'm sorry for standing you up. It wasn't cool of me, and I'll never do it again."

"Not to me, you won't," Pan muttered. She'd never give him a chance again.

"I've said sorry," Geo said quietly. "Will you please tell your friend that I apologized?"

Pan's eyes widened. "Friend?"

Geo's eyes narrowed for a split second and met Pan's before he looked away as if he were scared to hold her gaze for too long. "The tall guy," he muttered. "He said he was teaching an asshole a lesson."

Pan's brows furrowed. She hadn't told anyone about her date disaster. The only person that knew was- her eyes widened as she gasped. Trunks?! No way! She stepped around Geo quickly before she rushed out of her class.

Just like always, Bulla was waiting for her outside. She smiled and waved as Pan ran up, nearly out of breath.

"What's your brother's phone number?" Pan asked as she pulled out her phone.

"Huh?" Bulla's eyes widened. "What do you need his number for?" She asked as she grabbed Pan's phone and typed it in.

Pan couldn't bring herself to tell Bulla the full truth about the date. She knew Bulla wouldn't have laughed, but she was afraid of how her friend might feel since she had encouraged Pan to go on the date.

"I owe him a favor," Pan muttered. It was as close to the truth as she would get.

Bulla let out a small giggle. "Really? What did he do to deserve that?"