Something New

*****
6- Something New

Pan's first thought was that she was dreaming. Yet she could feel Trunks' warm lips pressed against hers. She could smell his delicious cologne and taste the peppermint he had sucked on earlier. Her lips were buzzing and sending tingles down to her feet.

Before Pan had time to respond, Trunks was pulling away. He seemed surprised at himself for doing what he had just done. Pan glanced at his lips and swallowed hard. She wanted them back on her.

"I-" Trunks let out a small sigh. He glanced around and spotted the police down below. "Come on," he grabbed her hand, and warmth flooded Pan's body at his touch.

Trunks didn't stop until they were on the roof. The late August air was warm, and in the distance, Pan could see the glow of the busier part of West City. It was calmer in this part of town.

Pan turned to look at Trunks, who was staring at the city as well. "Um," she began as her stomach fluttered a little.

She wasn't sure what to think. Why had Trunks kissed her? Did he feel bad for her? Was he just caught up in the adrenaline of the moment? That must have been it.

"That kiss back there," Pan began.

Trunks' back tensed, and he turned to face her with wide eyes. "Little One-"

"It's okay," she held up her hands. "You were just high on adrenaline. I know it was probably an accident."

Trunks' lips parted before he narrowed his eyes at her. "Why do you always assume what I think?" He huffed. "It wasn't an accident! I kissed you on purpose!"

Pan's eyes widened. "Why would you?" She asked, honestly curious.

"I don't know, maybe because I like you!" Trunks nearly growled as he threw his hands up.

Pan could feel her body growing hot. Trunks liked her? She thought back to what Bulla had said about how he teased her. No- it couldn't be right. This was just another one of those times he was teasing her, is all.

"This joke isn't funny," she placed her hands on her hips as she narrowed her eyes at him.

"Oh my fucking stars," Trunks huffed as he rolled his eyes up at the heavens. "Why are you so damn stubborn?!" He gritted out between his teeth as he took a step closer to her.

Pan stomped her foot and took a step closer to him as well. "I am not!"

"You are too! You're the most headstrong woman I've ever met, and I grew up with Bulma Brief!" He took another step closer to her.

"It's because you're a jerk!" Pan glared at him.

Trunks took one last step to her. They were right in front of each other, and Pan was huffing and glaring at him.

"You know what? I've changed my mind," he narrowed her eyes at her and frowned. "I don't like you!"

"The feeling is mutual!" Pan nearly hissed before she grabbed Trunks' shirt and yanked him down.

Their lips found each other instantly. It wasn't like the short kiss earlier. Trunks was kissing her roughly, and Pan was kissing him back just the same. Her hands held onto his shirt, and he pushed her against a nearby wall. One of his hands grabbed the back of her neck as the other squeezed her hip.

Pan's heart felt like it was about to explode, but she couldn't think of anything except for Trunks' lips on hers.

The kiss slowed. It wasn't as rough anymore. Trunks moved his lips teasingly slow. His tongue slipped inside her mouth to taste her for a few lingering seconds.