Part 21

JENNIFER’s POV

I’ve been alone all my life and I was used to this but this time, I am not okay. I want him by my side. I love him so badly. I learned to depend on him in just a couple of days because it’s too damn easy to love him. I headed straight back to the office. I want to explain myself to him. I want him to understand me. But wait, how did he know about this?

HARRY’s POV

I am so angry and so I dashed to Gerard’s office. I lied to the guard that I have an appointment with him and so he let me come inside the building. I rushed up to his office’s floor. His secretary was not there and so I headed turning the knob. When I opened the door, I was not surprised to see Gerard f*cking with a nude girl, I bet she’s the secretary.

“F*CK YOU GERARD!” I threw the CD on them and fortunately I hit Gerard’s forehead. They stopped from kissing. The girl immediately pulled away from him and she panicked to wear back her undergarments and dress. Gerard was topless lying on his sofa and the girl instantaneously headed out.

As he was about to stand, I ran and gave him a hard punch on the face. He fell back on the couch and gave me a smirk. “I HATE YOUR FACE!” I walloped again his face.

“That is not enough for what you’ve done to Jennifer!”

I can hear him hurting but I don’t care. I gave him another punch.

“That is for messing with her,” I said.

He rolled up his eyes, “She agreed and that’s not my fault. Maybe she likes me too,” he said and constructed a smirk obviously trying to annoy me more.

“She was forced, f*ck you pervert!” I can’t help my tears. “Don’t you ever dare get near to her again ‘cause I am telling you, I will kill you.”

I wiped my tears and went out.

BEAT.

Oh men, I need to get the video file. I went back inside and found him sitting on his couch wiping the blood on his mouth. I rushed to get the CD back, his laptop and cell phone. He was about to stand and I dashed out. I need to delete the file.

He went out his office topless and I ran fast as I can to get to the elevator. I was like a thief for a moment. Fortunately, it opened so fast with two men dressed in Americana coming out. I looked back and I saw Gerard so shocked. The men in formal attire greeted him, “Good morning Mr. Butler.” I immediately went in the elevator and pushed the close button. While the elevator closes, I can see the panic in Gerard’s eyes. I bet the men in Americana are important people who we call as “investors”. F*ck him, he deserves to be embarrassed. I finally went out and headed home to inspect Gerard’s gadgets.

JENNIFER’s POV

Everyone’s pitifully looking at me in the office and I just looked down. I don’t have the confidence to look at them in the eyes. Suddenly, Rica approached me and rubbed my back while asking, “Are you alright? We heard that you were rushed in the hospital, what happened?”

“I am okay Rica.”

“Really?”  

“I am just stressed. Umm, is Sir Harry there in his office?”

“No, haven’t seen him after he banged his door when he went out about three hours ago…”

Suddenly, Ian said, “I seen him carrying you.”

I was surprised to hear that, I asked Ian, “He rushed me to the hospital?”

“Yes, he was so worried and there were tears in his eyes. Tell me the truth Jenny, is there something going on between the two of you?” Ian curiously asked.

“Where is he now?” I asked.

“I don’t know.”

I stood and dashed to his office. I found his DVD player opened. I thought for seconds and finally figured out that he must have seen something with his player.

Oh my gosh. F*ck you Gerard!

HARRY’s POV

F*cking f*ck! Where’s the f*cking file? It’s been an hour and I am still searching for the video. I removed the memory card on his phone and just burned it. I inspected every file from his computer and I found more than two dozens of scandals. But I can’t find the f*cking file of Jennifer in it. Where is it? I can’t help it anymore so I called Ryan to give me Gerard’s number. After a minute, I got the number and dialed it. Gerard answered and upon hearing my voice he blurted out, “F*CK YOU!”

“F*ck you too,” I answered back. “Where’s the file?”

“Do you think I’ll tell you where it is? NO WAY!” He ended the call.

“F*CK YOU BULLSH*T!” I yelled. Where’s the damn file? I need to delete it. But what if Gerard has another copy of it? Jennifer’s doomed. No way, I am not going to let that happen. I need to protect her even if I am still angry at her.

As I stare at Gerard’s laptop my sight was caught by an expensive-like pen on the side of the laptop. That was the pen I found inserted on the laptop of Gerard. I got it and inspected it till I figured out that it’s a video pen with a built-in flash drive. I inserted the pen/flash drive on his laptop and gotcha, I found the video. I deleted it immediately.

Still staring at his laptop, I saw a familiar face on a video file. Oh men, it’s Carmen, Jill’s sister. I played the video and it’s confirmed, it’s really Carmen. I closed the laptop because I was terribly shocked. Oh men, I called Jill to ask about Carmen and she said that Carmen’s in a rehabilitation center. I asked Jill if we can see each other and she said yes. So I got up and brought the laptop of Gerard.  

-

I am now with Jill in a café and I made her watch the video of her sister. She was shocked, got tears and can’t speak a word. Without more ado, I wrapped my arms around her. She cries with pain and anger.

“I will file a case.”

“I am with you Jill.”

“Don’t lose this Harry. We will use this as evidence.”

JENNIFER’s POV

My hand is shaking. My tears keep on flowing. I am filled with so much anger towards Gerard. I rushed to his office. I found him in the lobby and I dashed slapping him with so much force. “F*CK YOU!”

He massaged his cheek and jaw and looked at me grinning.

“You’re such a devil bullsh*t!” I scorned him. Suddenly, the guard’s coming dragging me out.

“Tell your boyfriend to give me back my things or I file a case!” Gerard yelled.

Outside, I internalize what Gerard just said, ‘tell your boyfriend to give me back my things…’

Gosh, he went here. He must have punched Gerard. I suddenly chuckled. He deserves more punches. I want to kill Gerard now. Sh*t, if only murdering is legal and right. I must have stabbed him with a sharp knife.

I went back to the office and finally, Harry’s here. When he seen me, he immediately went inside his office. I rushed to his door but I can’t turn the knob because it’s f*cking locked.

“Harry, can we talk? Please. I need to explain.”

Then I saw my officemates looking at me with curiosity, shocked that I didn’t call him ‘sir’.

BEAT.

“Sir, I really need to tell you something please…”

I then looked again at my officemates, still with their malicious faces.

Then I was shocked by a touch pulling me. Harry pulls me inside his office.