Part 18

JENNIFER's POV

I am feeling so weak and abused as I go on my way back to my apartment. Belle was throwing away her garbage and she saw me. She rushed to hug me and said, “I missed you! Where did you go? Did you go somewhere with Harry? How’s the plan?”

I just looked down and shook my head off, “Please, I don’t want to talk about it.”

“Okay,” she said sweetly as she frowned. Then she held my shoulders, “I can sense that there’s something wrong going on with you now?”

I can’t help it, my tears just flow. I can feel her concern as she panicked wiping my tears away, “Oh babe, what happened?”

“I just… (Gosh I can’t breathe) Can you hug me now? I need someone to lean on,” I asked. I really need someone by my side right now.

She immediately hugged me tight and I can feel her love and caring while saying, “Oh babe, just pour out your tears, I’ll be here.”

We embraced each other beside the garbage den ignoring the filthy smell and the only sound that can be heard from the street on that lonely regretful night was my loud sobs.

After about five minutes of whimpering and hugging, Belle accompanied me into my apartment. I seated on my couch and she prepared a hot coffee for me. I sipped from it and took a deep sigh. As I look at her, I want to confess to her the truth that I am in love with her ex so I told her, “Belle, I am so sorry but I can’t keep up with my promise. I’ve fallen in love with him.”

“What?” She was surprised. Oh gosh, don’t get angry at me Belle.

She was shaking her head like no way and then said, “Okay, fine. That’s really not a big deal for me. I just hope that he’ll not hurt you like what he did to me. He must be faithful and loyal or else I’ll kill him.”

OH thank goodness, she’s open-minded but as I think of what she said, I am the one who’s not being loyal and faithful, so I told her, “But I am the one who have hurt him now without letting him know that I hurt him.”

“What? What do you mean?” She moves closer beside me and looks at me with full curiosity.

I just then answered, “Someone raped me with my consent and I am feeling so f*cking bullsh*t.”

“What the f*ck do you mean?”

“It sounds funny, right?” I ironically said.

“NO! It’s not funny at all! What happened? Tell me please.”

I then explained to her the situation of the company and about my deal with Gerard. I ended my story with my deep shaky voice saying, “I am sorry.”

“You must be very sorry for yourself but when true love strikes, it’s scary. Oh Jennifer…” then she grabs me and embraced me tighter. I just keep on muttering, “I am bullsh*t.”

“Stop it Jenny,” she said as she rubs my back. Then she let go of me, now wiping my tears. “Who’s the guy?” she asked.

“His name is Gerard.”

“No, his full name…”

“Gerard Butler.”

“WHAT THE F*CK!” she was astonished.

“Why? Do you know him?”

“Yes, he’s a piece of sh*t…” Belle became teary and continued, “He was the reason of my sister’s death.”

I just looked at her perplexed. Then she told me the story of her sister named Jennifer, that’s right, her sister and I have the same name. But Belle prefers to call her Annie as her full name goes Jennifer Annie Stone.