Part 22

JENNIFER’s POV

He immediately closed and locked the door. I then hugged him while saying, “Harry… I miss you. I am sorry.”

But he pulled his body away from me and that really hurts my heart.

“Stop this Jennifer. I don’t know but I don’t think I can go on with you,” he seriously said looking down.

“What? Look, I did it for you, for the company, for the people so th…” I was trying to explain while holding his arms but he cut me.

“I get it Jennifer! But you were not obligated to do that. I am hurt! I am so angry at you. I can’t even look at you in the eyes.”

“I am sorry Harry. Please forgive me.”

“It’s not that easy. You’ve hurt me and I am in pain. I hate you so much right now and I don’t think I can forgive you,” his eyes are teary and it’s melting my heart.

“I am sorry Harry,” I said sincerely but he pulled away and turned his back at me while telling me, “Just leave. We are done.”

“No!” I rushed to embrace him from his back. My tears start to pour, “I can’t live without you. I love you so much.”

“Stop it Jennifer. Just leave.”

“No,” I embraced him tighter. “I can’t let you go.”

Then somebody knocked on the door. He immediately removed my hands around from his waist and walked away from me. He just said out loud as he sits on his chair, “Come in.”

Beat. The door is locked. He sighed and stood walking passed me to his door. I followed him and held his arm. “Please Harry…”

He rolled up his eyes and ignored me opening the door. It’s Rica.

“Sir, Ms. Jill’s on the line.” Rica said and looked at me and travelled her gaze onto my hands holding his arm. I don’t care if she’ll think something because there is really something between Harry and me. I can’t hide this feeling anymore. I didn’t let go but he removed my hand and excitedly rushed to his chair picking up the telephone. Gosh Harry, are you making a rebound now? Jill?

I took a deep breath and said, “Harry please, don’t do this to me.”

“Leave,” he firmly said.

“Please…”

“I said leave!” He shouted and that shocked me making me cry even more. Rica then approached me, held my arm and said, “Jenny let’s leave.” She then wrapped her arms around my shoulders and assisted me out. As she closes the door, I felt weaker making me kneel on the ground. I cried hard, sobbed deeper until I can’t breathe. Ian and the rest of the group dashed to us, comforting me.

HARRY’s POV

I am really hurt knowing the fact that my girlfriend who I am so crazy in love with agreed to f*ck the man I hated most in the world. Even if I know that she did it just to save the company and okay, me, I can’t still accept that. The fact that they f*cked is an enough reason to make me act like this.

But I am in love with her, so in love and I can’t bear to see her being so weak. While I am on the phone with Jill, as Rica closes the door I saw Jennifer broke down.

“Hey Jill, can we talk later? Give me ten minutes okay?” I told Jill because I got tensed and worried for Jennifer.

“Okay. I’ll just call you back.” I put down the phone and rushed out. I saw Jennifer on the floor, can’t breathe and crying hard. I can’t help it, I ran to her and she immediately embraced me tight. All the staffs were shocked but I don’t care about them. I carried Jennifer back to my office and put her down on the couch.

“Stop acting like a brat Jennifer.”

“I am acting like this because I don’t want to lose you. I am f*cking in love with you, can’t you see? You were the first one who wants this so bad as far as I remember. You made me like you, you made me love you and now, you want to leave me? Please Harry, don’t. This is the first time in my life that I want this thing so bad. I want you so much. I am sorry and I am asking you to please forgive me,” she hardly explains as she sobs hard holding my hand.  

“Right now, I can’t forgive you…” I said.

“But you love me…”

“Yes I love you so much to the extent that this pain that I am feeling is f*cking greater than I expected,“ my voice is starting to crack but I managed to control my tears from pouring out.

“Then let me take away that pain,” she insisted.

“Jennifer I need space.”

“I can give you that space but promise me this is not the end?”

“Just give me time and space.”

She looked down and bit her lips still with those tears rushing on her cheeks. I looked away and removed her hands on my hand not letting myself to give in because I don’t want to give in. I hate her so much.

There was an awkward silence which lasted for minutes until Rica interrupts and said, “Sir, excuse, Ms. Jill is on the line.”

I gazed at Jennifer and she’s still looking down as I stood and headed on my chair to pick up the phone.

“Hello Jill.”

“Harry, are you still busy?”

“No, why?”

“Can you help me convince Carmen to file a case against him?”

“Ok, where you at?”

“You know where I am.”

“At the studio?”

“Yes. I’ll wait for you.”

“Ok, don’t go anywhere. Bye.”

I gawked at Jennifer again and she looked at me with those eyes begging but I looked away and headed out on my way to Jill. I was not shocked to see my staffs in front of my door. When they saw me standing in front of them, they panicked giving me a way to pass. Before I left I called out Ian and told him, “Take care of her. Drive her home.” He just nodded and finally I went on my way to Jill.

I can feel my tears coming out and as much as I don’t want to pour it out, I can’t help it.

While I was driving, I was crying. I am so hurt and I felt betrayed and cheated.

JENNIFER’s POV

He left me just like that. Ian said that he’ll drive me home but I don’t want to be with anybody else right now. I want to be alone so I went home on my own. Now drinking chardonnay in the sala, I am having thoughts about the things that just happened and still crying hard. Time and space? He’s a f*ck. Now I am hating him. Why am I being like this? He’s just a man.

“Right, he’s just like any other man, a bullsh*t. Okay Jennifer, it’s better that he hates you, you won the bet, remember? Make him hate you? You won! Congratulations to you!”

But I can’t, I can’t be happy. I am f*cking hurt! This is why I hate love. This is driving me crazy! F*CK!