Part 15

HARRY’s POV

It’s time to go back to work. I left Jennifer at home because I don’t want to wake her up. She needs time to rest. When I entered the building I was smiling greeting each and everyone but they seemed so scared to smile and greet back at me. What’s wrong with these people?

Now I am seeing Uncle Benny with his killer eyes clenching his fists while walking towards me. Okay, he’s going to punch me. When he’s about to punch me, I’ve sensed it and was able to avoid and dodge making him more angry to me. Then he surprised me by a left jab on my jaw. “AWWWW!” I yelled with so much pain.

People looked at us with their eyes wide open and oohss and aahhs voices. Then there was silence when Uncle shouted, “F*ck you! What did you do?”

I massaged first my jaw and tried to tell him, “I can find another publisher.”

“Who else wants to do business with us? We’re going down and these employees and staffs here are going to lose their jobs. I am telling you Harry, out of all the publishers I’ve talked with, Mr. Butler is the ONLY ONE who said yes! You’ve got to apologize to him and convince him that we want him back! He’s in the conference room waiting for you. Don’t suck and fuck this chance that he’s giving us.”

I just stared at Uncle and gave him an I-don’t-want-to-talk-with-him face.

“GO TO THE CONFERENCE ROOM OR ELSE I’LL KICK YOU OFF AWAY FROM THE FAMILY’S BUSINESSES! TALK TO HIM!”

That is so loud and it scared me so much, so I have nothing to do but to follow Uncle besides he’s the President. I went inside the conference room and found Gerard sipping a cup of coffee.

I seated and when Uncle Benny was about to sit, Gerard put the cup down and told him, “Can you please leave us Sir? I need to talk to him privately.”

“Are you gay that you want to solo me?” I asked Gerard.

“Harry, stop that dirty mouth!” Uncle Benny exclaimed. “I am sorry Gerard, he’s a f*ck and I don’t even know why I am related to him. I curse my brother for creating him.”

“What?” That really hurts… a lot.

“I understand Benny. Just leave us first,” Gerard said.

Uncle Benny left us and Gerard looked at me with what-do-you-want-to-tell-me-now face.

“Don’t look at me like that,” I said.

“Why? Are you melting?”

“What the f*ck are you saying? I am not gay.”

He chuckled and stopped and looked at me again with that face.

“Ok, Uncle Benny said that I need to apologize to you. As much as I don’t want to, I need to take down my pride and follow him because I care for the company and the people here working with us. So now, I want to apologize for punching you in Barcelona.”

“Of course I did not come here for your apology. I came here because I want her.”

“Her?”

“Your assistant.”

“But my assistant is a man named Ryan.”

“The woman who was with you, I am talking about her and as I can remember her name, she is Jennifer.”

“What are you? F*ck you, you can’t have her, she’s mine.” Men, my blood boils up.

“Just a one night stand with her is enough for me to give you my yes.”