Part 30

JENNIFER’s POV

I am so pissed and upset because the words that he said appealed to me as if he’s saying that I really am a slut. It hurts me so much and it breaks my heart. I just couldn’t believe that after all his “I love you” he’s thinking that way about me. If he wants war, I will give him war. I am super annoyed especially now that I am seeing his face, his f*cking face.

I looked down and just concentrated on my article but it is making me feel more annoyed because it’s about love and I hate love now. I was looking down at my hand on the keyboard thinking of what to write and distracted by the fact that he is now at my back. I heard him saying, “I want coffee.”

“I am busy,” I coldly said.

“But I am your boss and you must obey on my rules. Even if we’re going bankrupt I am still your boss and you’re still my staff.”

“Then I resign.”

“What?”

I stood and faced him. I bet everyone in the office is looking at us. Our bodies are just inches away and I don’t care what other people might say and think. “You heard it right, I resign.”

“You can’t,” he said hard.

“Why? Are you afraid to lose me Sir Harry?” I seductively said to him with one brow up.

He paused for seconds and finally said, “I am not afraid to lose you. I just can’t accept your resignation. If you want to resign, do it formal and proper. Write a resignation letter.”

I am not afraid to lose you. Really Harry? That made me shut for seconds. It hurts. It feels like he’s throwing away all the love that we shared. He is pushing me away from him. I knew it, he isn’t really in love with me. He is just infatuated.

“Then fine. I’ll do it. So if you don’t mind Sir don’t disrupt while I am finishing my articles because as soon as it’s finished, you’ll also receive my resignation letter.”

“Get me a coffee first and I’ll leave you alone,” he said without a blink on his eyes and he left heading to his office.

“I can smell LQ!” Rica teased,

I rolled up my eyes on her and proceeded to get a cup of coffee from the pantry. I put a lot of sugar in it. I knocked hard at his door three times and he shouted upon my third knock, “F*CK IT! JUST COME INSIDE! THE DOOR’S F*CKING OPEN!”

I opened the door and said, “You know what, I can sue you for those blasphemous language.”

“I don’t care. Just give me my coffee.”

“My pleasure to serve it to you SIR,” I devilishly grinned at him and he just looked away. He’s making me more exasperated. I really want to punch him now. I gently put the cup on his table and I intentionally leaned close bending my body to tease him with my cleavage. I want him to realize what he’ll be going to lose if he let me go.

He stared at my cleavage for seconds and looked away.

“Get out of my office now,” he said cold.

My heart is bleeding now with anger and pain.

“F*ck you,” I muttered.

“What did you say?” He said eyeing me.

I forced a smile and just said, “Nothing Harry oh sorry, Sir Harry. I’ll leave.”

I turned my back at him and there my tears cover my eyes. I closed my sight for seconds and successfully blocked those tears from falling. When I opened the door, I saw my officemates in Ian’s cubicle and they’re looking at me. I gave them a face of ‘what’ and Rica fanned me signaling me to dash out to them. These people are really crazy.

I was about to close the door when Harry shouted my name with anger, “JENNIFER!!!”

I was of course shocked. That was so loud like a growl of a monster.

“WHAT’S THIS COFFEE? DO YOU WANT ME TO GET DIABETES?”

I chuckled and finally closed the door ignoring him like I don’t care about you right now. I dashed to my officemates and asked, “What’s going on here?”

“What happened?” Rica asked.

“Nothing. Don’t mind him besides we are all going to lose our job so stop caring about him.”

“What? Guys, I have good news for all of you, we’re not going to lose our job because Sir Harry’s going to meet a publisher in the name of Sandra Bullock Reeves,” Ian said.

“What? How did that happen?” I asked confused because as far as I know Sandra is somewhere else right now. Oh so that’s why Harry kept on insisting this morning that he needs to be here in the office.

“My friend Ryan Reynolds, the EA of Sandra, I had a chat with him last night when we met at Nina’s party and he confirmed it by his mouth.”

“That’s good news for all of us I think,” I smiled. OH BEAT.

“But not for you baby,” Rica said shaking her head.

I get it, I said to Harry that I will be resigning. Why did I say that? Why did I f*cking say that? But I will still do it. I will write my resignation letter and leave him alone. I want to move on from this hurt and pain that I am feeling. And besides, I think, I need some alone time and search for myself. I need to make myself whole which never happened… no… it happened once, when I learned to love him but our situation right now is different. I also need to figure out, who really I am as a person because I feel so lost. Am I bidding my goodbye to him? To us? Am I really ready to let go? Is this the right thing to do? I really don’t know the answer to these questions.

I will just leave it in the power of destiny. Good bye Harry. Good bye to us.

“Hey Jen,” Rica snapped her fingers and continued, “Are you crying?”

I was unaware that my tears are already falling. I took a deep breath and sighed, “I am not crying. It’s sweat,” I wiped it.

“Sweat on the cheeks? That’s ridiculous. You’re not going to resign right?” Rica asked smirking.

“Whatever happens, it happens,” I responded and gave everyone a smile.