Part 33

HARRY's POV

I woke up without Jennifer on my side. I wondered where she was until I found a folded paper on the center table. I opened it, there I realize, it's a letter intended for me saying:

Dear Harry,

Maybe you're wondering where I am now. Don't worry I am safe after you being so harsh to me last night. Just joking...  but I am really safe and I love what happened. Anyway, I want to say sorry for all the bad things I've done to you. There were many times that I am hard to understand. I am snooty I know and I thank you for trying to cope with my attitude. I know you love me truly but do you think we are mature enough to have this relationship? Frankly, I am so lost now. I like you, I want you. I love you. I love you so much Harry but I need to figure out who I am first. I need to find myself and I want to be a worthy woman for your love. I don't know how long will it take me to find myself but I am hoping that you'll wait for me Harry. Wait for me please. I chose not to say goodbye to you personally because I know I will not be able to resist if you'll request me to stay. But I need to do this. I am sorry but please don't forget that I love you so much. But for now, stand and go to work. Show the people what you have got. Be a successful man. Be a grown up so that if we'll meet again, we are ready enough to survive the roller coaster ride of this thing called love. I am sure you hate me now but please, I really do hope for your deep understanding. I assure you, this love will not fade. I promise to come back baby.

Love,

Jennifer

After I read her letter, I can't help my tears, I cry. Why Jennifer? Why do you have to do this? But I figured out that if I truly love her, I will accept whatever she wants and I am willing to wait for her. But frankly, I don't know until when because as time passes by, I know, it will be hurtful for me for not having the woman I love most by my side. I am afraid for the time that she will not come back. I am afraid to know that I will find loving her tiresome. Please come back Jennifer. Please come back sooner not later.  

I felt weak to stand but I need to work. In spite of the hurt, I need to look at the brighter side of life and just believe that Jennifer will come back because she loves me so much. She'll surely live up with those words. I believe you Jenny.

When I came to work, I found the articles of Jennifer on my table. I have read the two and those just brought me into tears. Those articles just narrated our love story —- from the first day that we've met to the day that we hated each other.  

Oh I miss her. How long will she be away from me? Oh where is she going? F*ck it! She didn't tell me! I tried calling her but the number is unattended. I emailed her and I hope that she'll respond.

After a day, no response at all! Oh men, is she challenging me? Well, I accept the challenge. I will show to her that I can wait.

After a year and three months

HARRY's POV

Many things have improved. The magazine business is developing and the articles of Jennifer were part of the successes of our company. Readers liked it and in the history of lifestyle magazines, that issue containing her writing is the best selling of all.  Our sales were up and the company is continuing to grow. The case of Jill's sister is going strong on their side and Gerard is still suffering in jail. Jill is still very vocal about her feelings towards me but I try to stay away from the temptation she's giving me. But she's trying to move on now. That will be great. Belle is excellent on her job and she's engaged with a man named Angelo. I am so happy for them but me; here I am still not improving. I still wonder where Jennifer is. She never dared to email me. How could she! I so miss her much! F*ck this! I just want to go out now and eat and drink a nice wine. But before I could go out, Belle informed me that I have a meeting with a very important investor in Starbucks at ten. I looked at my watch and it is 9:30AM. Sh*t no wine for me now. I need to go to Starbucks. I rushed to the Starbucks and I phoned Belle.

"Where's the f*cking investor Belle?"

"She said, she's seated on the left corner Harry."

"I am on the left corner!" I yelled at Belle. I am in a bad mood because I didn't get my wine.

"So look around Harry!" Belle yelled back.

I looked around and I found this woman on my back with a summer hat and when she looks up to me, I am surprised to see Jennifer. My heart, there's happiness. I want to cry!

I was about to hug her when she stopped me saying, "Don't hug me, as far as I know this is a business meeting. A business deal."

"SO you're thrilling me huh. I like that," I smirked at her controlling this excitement that I am feeling.

"You're prettier than ever," I can't help to praise her beauty.

"You're still that old Harry but you look more radiant now," she praised back smiling at me. Oh that smile. My heart is palpitating.

"I am interested to invest in your company, so discuss to me the benefits that I will get," Jennifer said seriously but I can hear a tone of longing in her voice.

"Jenn please, let's talk about us first ok. I can't wait. I just missed you so much. And you said I must wait, yeah, I waited and I can't wait longer," I said panting, my heart is just racing.

"Okay –she deeply sighed – I would like you to meet two special people first. Just promise me you'll not be angry."

"Why would I get mad? Were you unfaithful to me and loved somebody elsewhere?"

"Just shut up and promise me."

Jennifer, please don't make me nervous. She looked on the other corner and I saw an old man who really looks like a very rich man holding a baby. The man carrying the baby walked closer to us. All I could feel now is extreme madness. She loved another man and now has a family. Now I know to whom she got the money.

"Men, Jennifer are you kidding me? Why? I waited for you and you betrayed me."  

"You promised you'll not get mad," Jennifer seemed pissed. I must be the one feeling that way. I am pissed!

"But I am hurt! You know me, I say what I feel."

"Harry, I would like you to meet my father and our baby."

I rolled up my eyes. The words she just said did not clearly register in my ear. "What did you say?"

"My father and our baby."

I smiled widely as her words clearly register now in my mind. "Your father and OUR baby?"

  This is shocking! I turned speechless. Oh men! We have a baby! Jennifer's father gave the baby to Jennifer and I hugged him, tightly, "Nice to meet you Sir!"

Jennifer's father seemed so sweet, he hugged me tighter. "So you're Jennifer's boyfriend. When will you marry my daughter?"

"That's still not in my mind Sir," I chuckled jokingly.

He tapped my back hard. AWWCH!

I hid the pain and just hugged him again and whispered on his ear, "Just deal with me Sir. I am still not ready."

I released from our hug and said, "I still don't plan to marry your daughter Sir."

He just shook his head with an irritated face. "I am so sorry."

I looked at Jennifer and she looks pissed. She gave me a dangerous look. I changed my view to our baby and I can't help but smile widely.

"A boy or a girl?" I asked.

"A boy and I regret to name him Harry," she said annoyed.

I kneeled and touched the face of the baby and he looks handsome. "You're really mine," I whispered and I kissed Jennifer again. Oh I missed her. "I love you," I said and she didn't answer back. She still pissed but no doubt she missed me.