Chapter 12: |The Wall Is Too Thick To Breach!|

"... It's because I love Zeno-kun so much..!"

I said brimming a bright sight-blinding smile.

At this, Bluebeard's irises flickered abruptly for what seemed like second and he quickly looked away with several huff and puffs while rubbing his chest desperately.

I felt confused by his strange response.

"Bluebeard..? What is it? Are you alrig-"

"D-Do ...Do not smile... when you're saying something like that.. Gosshhh.. How annoying.. You look so ugly that.. it's actually starting to get scary.."

He blurted out quickly.

My face instantly turned a bit upset when he said that and I tried rolling the bangs of my forehead behind my ears.

"Oh.. Sorry.. I-I didn't realise that.."

I immediately apologized feeling a bit guilty.

"What..? No, that's not what I meant.-.. Damn.. I really didn't mean to hurt you, Rotten.."

Bluebeard gritted his teeth looking completely exhausted and frustrated while scratching all his smooth blue hair like he wanna pull them out when, he was suddenly interrupted by my own squeals.

"Come on Anastasia..! Almost there..ughhn..!"

While Bluebeard was rambling about something on the side, I had already got back to the carving and had now almost finished.

"Wooooah.... I..I have done it! Finally..! Yea-hey!!"

Though, it had many cracks and rumbles on the surface, I felt extremely elated that, I had finally finished it in one piece.

I showed it to the quarter moon and celebrated with delight.

"Ha ha.. Ha..! Look at that, stone! Now, whose the boss over here..?"

I exclaimed it to Bluebeard who simply rolled his eyes with a smirk when suddenly a bright light emitted all around this.

Startled I immediately dropped it on the ground. The light grew brighter and brighter alarmingly and suddenly blanked out before turning into a pitch dark color.

What..? That's it..??

I thought, taking the completely burnt black stone and looked into it.

No. No! This can't possibly be happening!

Ughhh..!

Due to this phenomenon, I noticed, the stone has totally lost it's previous lustre and shine.

My face visibly turned disappointed at this.

Bluebeard who had noticed all of it from the beginning abruptly started laughing holding his stomach.

"Hahaha..! What was that..?? And, after all that vain excitement.. This is literally the face that suits you the best!.. "

"Shut up.."

I frowned when he drew more close to me and took one of the broken stones, I had dropped on the floor.

"Do you know? I have come to this place many times and it's only natural I have heard quite a few things about this stone.."

Bluebeard started as I tried peeking my face trying my best to show I wasn't interested in him, when I actually was.

"The stone reacts to the inner, inner most feelings of the carver's heart and the possible way they might express their love to their beloved at present or in future.. "