Chapter 43: |Summer Tornament (2)|

Third Person POV

He felt suffocated.

It has only been half an hour since he entered the throne stage and Zeno felt like he had experienced one of the most smothering situations ever.

'Really? The Mermaid City..? A surprise meeting with the royals from the Mermaid City?'

Zeno couldn't help feeling conflicted by what had just happened.

"Your Highness Prince Zenon!" A guard brushed aside the thick blue curtains of private tent situated back of the stage. "His Majesty is requesting a private meeting with him."

Zeno grit his teeth. "Augh. That f**king geezer."

He mumbled under his breath right before his aide, Kuro entered the tent.

"Pardon me, your highness." The guard didn't quite hear him.

Kuro instantly panicked and entered to usual cleaning-up mode.

Kuro coughed and smiled. "His Highness says he'd be there in a minute" He translated to the guard.

"Oh, of course, sire.." The guard bowed his head deligently and excused himself.

"Your appearance, your highness..! Your public appearance! It is fortunate that the public's opinion about you has changed ever since you stopped fooling around women. Your involvement in the country has been recognized by the high society and elders. However that means, you are officially a threat to his majesty's only son, Julius Charming who doesn't have any remarkable achievements on his charts like you. Well.. I do not have to tell you all this.. You know this would happen and isn't that why you kept your tacky player actor all this time Your highness?? To stay hidden??"

Kuro reminded him in a set of what Zeno thought were ramblings when out in the blue something few towards him like a bullet.

Smash!

A beautiful and elegant floral vase met it's doomsday on wall and Kuro as a professional in evading his master's tantrums cautiously stepped to the side right on time with the same signature smile.

"I do know that. But a bride?" Zeno's brows tightened. "From the Kingdom of Oceana?? Since his precious son married into a lowly noble family, he's trying to use me as a scapegoat of a political marriage??" Zeno looked furious at the moment. "How can he do that?? Without any say. He just proposed an announcement of my marriage before the King and Queen of The Mermaid City, ..without even consulting me in the first place!"

Kuro sighed. He knew the situation wasn't favourable. But there was not much they can do at this point now. So he tried to remind Prince Zeno of the positives he could gain through this alliance with a powerful country.

"But your highness.. what if.. the princess from the Oceana Kingdom does happen to be your true fated woman?? Then your curse from The Third Fate would finally disappear and you may be free again..! Besides you have often told me that the coming of the Princess of Waters was also a common occurrence in your dreams.. What if she's your true fate and you are just running away from her?"

Kuro tried reasoning with Prince Zeno. But then Zeno abruptly banged the desk aggressively making Kuro shut up in seconds in fright.

"Anastasia is my true Fate. Why won't you just trust my instincts??"

Prince Zeno told Kuro strongly. His deep blue eyes glowed intensely with seriousness.

Kuro sighed again and said. "Fine. I won't talk about this anymore" Kuro didn't want to aggravate the prince's emotions anymore.