𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗙𝗼𝘂𝗿

𝟭𝟵𝟱𝟳 ~ 𝗔 𝘆𝗲𝗮𝗿 𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗿

It had been a year since Cassie had met Bucky and she spent basically every day with him, training and learning how to speak and understand Russian. Often he would teach her while she was doing target practice. As it turned out she was very talented in a lot of combat, she picked up a lot of the things very quickly.

About six or seven months after she had started training one of the men in charge came and watched her as she took out three of the guards at once. That resulted in her getting her first ever mission. It was an assassination mission as it turned out and as much as she loathed killing people, she knew she had to do it so that she wouldn't get punished.

Every time that they decided to wipe Bucky's memory again Cassie had to remind him and show the pictures that had, surprisingly, they hadn't been discovered. She also told him all the stories that her Uncle Howard had told her which were obviously limited but it helped. She also told them in Russian a lot to the point where it came with ease. Then would come the game of pretending that he didn't remember anything.

As the time went on Cassie was sent on more and more dangerous missions and she did more and more assassinations. She hated it with an extreme passion.

As for the people who missed her, Peggy had successfully blocked it from her memory and was still living in London with her husband, Daniel Sousa, and her new daughter Stephanie.

Howard and Maria were now happily engaged. Howard proposed on Cassie's eleventh birthday, at Maria's favourite restaurant. Howard wished that Cassie could've been there with all his heart and he knew that she would've been overjoyed that her favourite couple were getting married. She probably would've already started planning parts of the wedding!

Howard still firmly believed that Cassie was alive somewhere but he tried not to torture himself over the fact that she had been gone for exactly two years now. He put the shield up on his lab wall with a plaque underneath it that said,

𝐹𝑜𝑟 𝐶𝑎𝑠𝑠𝑖𝑒 𝐶𝑎𝑟𝑡𝑒𝑟 - 𝑅𝑜𝑔𝑒𝑟𝑠, 𝑎 𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦 𝑠𝑝𝑒𝑐𝑖𝑎𝑙 𝑙𝑖𝑡𝑡𝑙𝑒 𝑔𝑖𝑟𝑙 ♡︎

He also hung some of the drawings she had sketched for him, another skill she had picked up from her father. He often looked at them when he needed courage to do something, he found it helped.

𝟭𝟵𝟱𝟴  ~   𝗔𝗻𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗬𝗲𝗮𝗿

Three years. It had been three years since Cassie Carter - Rogers went missing.

Two years since she found out that her fathers best friend was still alive. Two years since she made friends with him.

Cassie was now twelve years old. If she hadn't need frozen for her first year of HYDRA she would've been thirteen. She was a well trained assassin now, and she hated it. She hated every single inch of HYDRA. The one thing that she didn't hate it that hell hole? Bucky. He kept her alive and sane. She did the same for him on many an occasion. Sure she had scars on her and she was subdued around everyone but with Bucky. In the days where they were in tee training room wether it was training or learning things or, if they had wiped Bucky's brain again, Cassie telling him stories.

Howard and Maria were happily married now. They would spend a lot of time together, wether it be relaxing on their expensive couch or it be Maria watching Howard work in his lab, occasionally making jokes or taking breaks to eat. They would still sometimes just stand and look at some of Cassie's drawings, remembering their memories of her fondly.