𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝘄𝗼

𝗖𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗲 ran through the hospital corridors with Natasha, frantically searching for the right room. When they reached the glass wall they saw that someone already standing there, looking through the glass window.

Cassie's breath hitched as she saw the man lying on the operation table.

"How's he doing?" Natasha asked.

"They're removing the bullets. He was shot in the back three times and he already had quite a few injuries from something else." Steve said, not taking his eyes away from the scene on the other side of the glass.

"Tell me about the shooter." Cassie said, trying to stop herself from crying.

"Fast, strong. Had a metal arm." Cassie froze but her attention was quickly brought to the fact that the machine started to flatline.

"No." Cassie murmured, the nurses rushed around, trying to electrocute Fury back to life.

"Doctor what time is it?" A nurse asked.

"1:03." They electrocuted him again.

And again. But it did nothing.

"Time of death, 1:03." Cassie turned, walking away shaking her head.

She'd lost someone else.

☝︎︎
☟︎

Cassie approached the vending machine about twenty minutes later, planning on getting something like a chocolate bar or something when she noticed a flash drive wedged behind some pieces of bubble gum. She frowned before taking action, checking both ways of the corridor she was on. Empty.

Cassie managed to extract the packets but now she couldn't dislodge the actual drive. She pulled out a coin in her pocket and put it in the machine, picking up the flash drive. She looked at it for a second, staring blankly at the SHIELD logo. Then she gritted her teeth.

This drive was obviously important and since she was now in possession of it she needed to keep it safe and out of the hands of anybody else. She heard light footsteps and quickly stuffed the flash drive in her bra, no one was going in there so it was safe.

"Hey Cass." Natasha made to stand next to her but Cassie brought her into a tight hug instead.

"How you doing?" I asked, my voice slightly muffled. "You and Nick were close."

"Yeah, I'll be fine. What about you?" She asked. "How are you doing?"

"I'm okay, I'm used to losing agents by now." Cassie said pulling back slightly.

She hesitated slightly before looking Natasha straight in the eyes.

"Do you trust me?"

"Of course, you're one of the few I do trust."

"Then come with me." Cassie lead Natasha to a secluded hallway crevice.

"What are you doing?" Cassie ignored the question, looking around to check for any people who might be listening in. "We have to stay here for a while."

"Oh? And why is that?" Natasha asked, Cassie glanced around again before pulling the flash drive from her bra.

"Rogers left this. It has the SHIELD logo on it, I'm pretty sure Nick gave it to him. I gave him one that was identical to this earlier this week." Cassie explained.

"You think this is it? That this is the drive that you handed to Fury?" Cassie nodded. "But then why would he give it to Steve? And what's on it?"

Cassie shrugged. "I don't know. But Rogers'll be coming back to get it soon. I say we stay here and wait for him, question him on it and find out what's going on."

☝︎︎
☟︎

[A/N : I apologise if I get some of the lines wrong or muddled up. I'll try my best to get it right! ]

Steve walked down the corridor wearing a blue tracksuit. He approached the vending machine, looking inside only to see that the hard drive that he was looking for had disappeared. His eyes widened in slight fear. Then a reflection of Natasha appeared behind him, blowing a bubble.

Steve scowled and grabbed ahold of her, forcing her into a secluded area of the hospital.

"Where is it?" He asked forcefully.

"Safe."

"Oh yeah? Do better."

"Fury gave it to you, why?" Natasha asked.

"What's on the drive?" Steve retorted.

"I only pretend like I know everything."

"Where. Is it." Steve demanded.

"We know who the shooter was." Steve whipped around, surprised to see Cassie standing in the doorway. She made her way closer to them, taking out the drive.

"It was a few years ago, I was with a mechanic. The engine went bust, we got out to fix it. He shot him, right through me." Natasha lifted her top to show Steve a bullet wound in her side. "No more crop tops, bye bye bikinis."

"Oh yeah, I bet you look terrible in them now." Steve said sarcastically before turning to Cassie as she began to walk closer.

"I was on a mission around two weeks ago, inspecting a supposedly abandoned base. Spoiler alert, it wasn't. I fought him, he cornered me. Was about to kill me but for some reason, he spared me. Shot my hip instead." Cassie lowered the waistband of her jeans slightly, showing not only a bullet wound but a few knife wounds. "Just another scar to add to the human drawing."

Steve frowned slightly, seeing that she had scars made him mad. A teenager shouldn't have to go through that, no one should.

"We both did our research." Natasha started. "His assassinations date back to last fifty years."

"Not many witnesses or escapees but those who did call him the Winter Soldier." Cassie continued.

"So he's a ghost story?" The two girls nodded. "Well let's find out what the ghost wants."

༒༒༒

[ A/N : I know these are kind of short, I'm going to be making them slightly longer as the story goes on I think.

Anyway, hope you're enjoying the story! Make sure to let me know what you think in the comments ♡︎