𝐶𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑎𝑖𝑛 𝐴𝑚𝑒𝑟𝑖𝑐𝑎 : 𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑊𝑖𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑆𝑜𝑙𝑑𝑖𝑒𝑟 𝗣𝗿𝗼𝗹𝗼𝗴𝘂𝗲

𝗖𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗲 walked down the corridor, keeping hidden and making little to no noise at all.

She was on a mission in a supposedly abandoned base that had apparently had some unusual activity around it over the last week.

Cassie heard the light sound of footsteps and immediately turned to see if it was a threat or just mouse or rat. She didn't see anything on the ground so she got into a defensive position.

A man came round the corner and stopped walking. He had shoulder length hair, was wearing all black and had a mask and goggles covering his face. Cassie didn't move and neither did the man, staring at each other, neither making the first move.

"Тебя не должно быть здесь." "You shouldn't be here." Said the man.

"Почему нет?" "Why not?" Cassie asked.

The man approached slightly, hand resting on his gun holster. Cassie was holding one of her daggers but leaving it next to her side.

"Они знают, что здесь есть кто-то, кому не место. Моя работа избавиться от них." "They know someone is here. It is my job to rid of them." He replied, ignoring her question.

"Кто они? Кто ещё здесь?" "Who are they? Who else is here?" She asked.
Cassie frowned, why did this man's voice sound so familiar? He advanced again and Cassie narrowed her eyes, something about the way this man moved reminded her of someone but she couldn't pinpoint who.

As quick as a flash he threw a knife, Cassie ducked just in time, only just avoiding being impaled. She immediately jumped into action, going into hand to hand combat. She knew, however, that this man was much more trained. She was losing, badly.

After he had delivered a blow to her head she stumbled to the ground and he pointed his gun at her, aiming for her heart. She looked up at him, slight fear in her eyes. The man lowered the gun slightly, instead of her chest he shot her hip. Cassie squeaked in pain as the bullet tore through her skin.

She watched as the man left, unable to follow and confused. He could have killed her there and then. Why didn't he? And who did he remind her of?