𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗘𝗹𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻

𝗖𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗲 made her way to the lab as Natasha made her way to finish interrogating Loki.

"Hey boys." Cassie walked into the lab where Tony, Bruce and a pissed off Steve were standing. "What's happened?" She scanned the room for threats on instinct.

"Tony seems to think that trying to set off the Hulk is normal and is hacking into Shields files is okay." Steve said before storming out of the room.

"You're hacking it SHIELD's files?" Cassie asked as Tony nodded. "Jeez. You're on fire today!"

"What do you mean by that?" Bruce asked but they both ignored him.

"I do, however, agree with Captain Rogers in the fact that you should not anger the Hulk. I don't think you want to be on his bad side." Cassie warned Tony.

Cassie walked out of the lab and down a corridor, knowing full well who had gone down there. She noticed Steve about to slide a door open by force.

"I don't think you want to go doing that." Cassie said and he turned to look at her, expecting her to go running to Fury. "If you force the door open someone will get notified."

Steve frowned. "Then how do you suggest we get inside?" He asked, slightly agitated.

Cassie smirked. "Being one Of the highest ranking Shield agents has its perks." She took out a heart sensor and ran it over a pad, she pressed the numbers and the door opened. "You're welcome."

Cassie slipped inside and looked around at the many boxes. She swung herself up the rails with Steve following her.

"So your last name is Carter?" Steve asked out of the blue as Cassie took in her surroundings.

"Yeah, So?" Cassie asked, trying her hardest not to glare at him defensively.

"Are you a relative of Peggy Carter by any chance?" He asked and Cassie rolled her eyes. Steve was watching her as she made her way over to one of the many boxes.

"Yes I am. Why?"

"I was just wondering. I knew her before I went in the ice." Steve told her and Cassie, once again, rolled her eyes.

"I know." Cassie sighed. She didn't really feel like talking about her mother right now, and much less with her father.

Cassie too out one of her pocket knives and slit one of the boxes open.

"What the hell?" She pulled out a Hydra weapon.

She gritted her teeth before walking to the edge of the railing and jumping over, landing smoothly on her feet before marching back to the lab.

She arrived just as Tony asked Fury, "Phase Two, what exactly is Phase Two?"

"This." Cassie dumped the weapon on one of the tables.

"Phase Two is making Hydra like weapons with the Tesseract." Steve said, walking into the room behind Cassie. "Sorry, the computer was moving a little too slow for me."

Cassie glared at Fury. "I can't believe this. You know what these types of weapons can do and you know exactly how I feel about this kind of thing given my past."

"Wow you and Rogers have a very similar 'I'm gonna kill you' look." Tony chuckled but stopped pretty soon since he receiving one of those exact looks from Cassie.

"You think you should remove yourself from this situation, Doctor?" Natasha asked Bruce as she made her way into the lab.

"No, actually, I'd quite like to know what this is all about." Bruce said, slightly agitated.

The arguments get louder as people get more agitated.

"You speak of control and yet you cause chaos." Thor said to Fury.

"This a memo isn't it? I mean what are we, a team? No no no, we're a chemical mixture that makes chaos. We're...we're a time bomb." Bruce said and Cassie glanced at Natasha before looking back at the doctor.

"You need to step away." Fury told Banner sternly.

"Why shouldn't the guy let off a little steam?" Tony put his hand on Steve's shoulder.

"You know damn well why, back off!" Steve exclaimed and Cassie looked at them both with a little worry at where this was going.

"Oh I'm starting to want you to make me." Tony said in a low voice.

"Yeah, big man in a suitor armour. Take that off what are you?" Steve asked menacingly circling him to stand on his other side.

"Genius, Billionaire, Playboy, Philanthropist." Tony turned to look straight at him.

Natasha turned to look at Cassie and shrugged.

"I know guys with none of that are worth ten of you. And I've seen the footage. The only thing you really fight for is yourself." Steve said, looking down at Tony. "You're not he guy who'd make the sacrifice play. To lay down on a wire and let the other guy crawl over you."

"I think I would just cut the wire." Tony said arrogantly.

"If that was an old time bomb I don't think I things would go so well for either of them." Cassie mumbled so only Nat could hear her.

"Always a way out. You know, you may not be a threat but you better stop pretending to be a hero." Steve said to Tony.

"A hero?" Tony asked sceptically. "Like you? You're a laboratory experiment, everything special about you came out of a bottle."

Cassie frowned and stared at the two.

"If that's true then I guess that the same thing is for me." Cassie said and everyone turned to look at her. "I was taken because of who my parents were. They put two Serums in me, one that made me go to sleep for a year, then when I was woken I was trained unwillingly. For two years."

"And what was the second serum?" Tony asked and Cassie looked down, avoiding eye contact, no one knew what the other one did except her.

Steve stared at Tony again. "Put on the suit. Let's go a few rounds."

Thor chuckled. "You people are so petty. And tiny."

"Yeah this is a team-"

"Miss Romanoff, would you escort Dr Banner back to his-" Bruce cuts him off.

"To where? You rented out my room." Bruce points out.

"The cell was just in case-"

"In case you needed to kill me but you can't, I know, I tried." The room falls silent. "I got low. I didn't see any end so I put a bullet in my mouth and the other guy spat it out. So I moved on, I focused on helping other people, I was good. Until you pulled me back into this freak show and put everyone here at risk. You wanna know what my secret is Agent Romanoff? You know how I stay calm?"

Fury flipped his gun holster open in case he needed to draw it. Steve took a step forward.

"Dr Banner, put down the Scepter." Cassie's eyes widened slightly, in the frustration of the moment Bruce had picked up the Scepter without even knowing.

He looked down at it in surprise. Cassie looked at him in suspicion and slight worry then the computer made a noise.

"Sorry kids, you won't get to see my party trick yet." Bruce put down the Scepter and went over to the computer.

He stared at the screen for a second.

"Oh my god." Then the room was torn apart.