𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲

𝗖𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗲, 𝗡𝗮𝘁𝗮𝘀𝗵𝗮 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗦𝘁𝗲𝘃𝗲 made their way through the shopping centre, Cassie blocking out the array of different conversations that Natasha and Steve were having, the occasional joke or comment being thrown around. Cassie scanner the mall, looking for the closest technology store.

"There!" Cassie pointed out subtly and ignoring the comment Steve made, something about his shoes. "Next to the chocolate shop."

The three made their way inside and to the computer section, trying their best to be inconspicuous. Cassie pulled the drive from her bra, which she had stuffed it again to make sure it was safe.

"As soon as I plug this in, SHIELD will be able to track it to this location." Cassie said.

"How long will we have?" Steve asked.

"About nine minutes from..." she plugged it in. "Now."

A few minutes go by and Steve sighs impatiently.

"How long is this gonna take?" He asked.

"Relax, we got plenty of time." Cassie continued to type. "Whoever made this really didn't want people to get in, it keeps rewriting itself."

A guy approached them with long hair.

"Hey guys, do you need any help?" He asks.

"Oh no thank you!" Natasha stands in front of Cassie, protecting the screen from the view of the employee. "Me, my husband and our daughter are just looking up some holiday locations."

"Yeah, we're married." Steve Says, slightly nervous and incredulous.

"Where you guys going?" Asks the guy.

Natasha checks the computer as a location come up.

"New Jersey."

The man smiles and looks closer at Steve who falters slightly.

Please don't recognise him, please don't recognise him, Cassie pleaded in her mind while clearing the computer from any evidence.

"You know I have the exact same glasses." The man said. "Well, if you guys need help, I'm Aaron."

The man leaves and Cassie pulls the flash drive from the socket and nods at Natasha before they left the store.
They started making their way towards the escalator, walking at a medium pace.

"There are SHIELD agents all around the building." Cassie said to the two adults. "Two in front, two behind, two coming straight at us."

"Put your arms around us and laugh." Natasha told Steve.

Steve did it, letting out a pathetically fake laugh. Cassie rolled her eyes slightly.

As they boarded the elevator Cassie saw Rumlow getting on the other one, making his way upwards. She turned to the boy that was next to her who was on his phone and smiled as Natasha did the same with Steve.

"Hey listen, just as a little warning I'm about to kiss you so I don't get recognised ok? Good." Cassie leaned in quickly and placed her mouth over his.

She presumed a few seconds later that he was gone so she detached herself and smiled at him. She dismounted the escalator and turned to him.

"Thanks for that." She walked away from the boy who was still looking a little shocked.

"Nice catch, he was cute." Natasha said as Steve looked at them both.

"Yeah, not my type." Cassie shrugged.

"You kissed a stranger?" Steve asked slightly shocked to have been kissed by someone and then turn around to see his other partner kissing a complete stranger.

"For undercover purposes. Not the first time either." Cassie told him.

☝︎︎
☟︎

Steve and Natasha sat in the front of the car while Cassie sat in the back.

"So when did Captain America learn how to steal a car?" Natasha asked.

"Nazi Germany, and were borrowing it so take your feet off the dash." Natasha rolled her eyes and took her feet down.

"Can I ask you a question?" Natasha asked.

"Sure."

"You don't have to answer it but I guess not answering it is basically answering it-"

"What?" Steve cut her off.

"Was that your first kiss since 1945?" Cassie snorted slightly, trust Natasha to ask something like that.

"That bad huh?" Cassie asked.

"Well no but...no-"

"It was not my first kiss since 1945, I'm ninety-five I'm not dead." Cassie cringed slightly, she did not want to picture her dad kissing someone.

"What about you Cassie?" Natasha asked, snapping her out of her thoughts. "How was your kiss with the stranger?"

"Meh, I've had better, I've had worse. That kinda thing." Cassie shrugged.

"When did you have your first kiss?" Steve asked, looking at her in the mirror.

"Um, I think i was twelve. The place that took me and trained me dolled me up in a dress and heels and a load of makeup. It made look way older than I actually was and I had to get some information out of him and ugh it was disgusting, he was a smoker as well." Steve looked at her in horror and Nat looked shocked.

"You never told me that." Natasha accused her.

"Yeah well you never asked did you?" Cassie said.

"Jeez, those people are messed up." Steve said and Cassie shrugged again.

"What about boyfriend? Have you ever had a boyfriend?" Natasha asked still looking over her shoulder.

"Pffft, god no. I mean, you don't really have time for boys when you live in a base and if you do get the chance you don't want to get close to anyone or they'll kill 'em." Steve's knuckles tightened around the wheel. Who the hell would bring a child into that kind of thing?

"Jeez Kid, sounds like you had it rough." Steve said, trying to control his anger.

"Yeah but that's what made me so good at what I do." Cassie shrugged.

"Yeah but if hadn't been for them - whoever they are - you would be a normal kid who didn't have to work for Shield." Steve argued.

"If it weren't for them I'd be dead." Cassie said under her breath but Steve heard due to his Super Soldier Serum and he frowned.

"What do you mean you'd be dead?"

Cassie ignored him and pointed out the window. "We're here."

❦❦❦

[ A/N : So? Whatcha think? I've been working towards the end of this chapter for quite a while now actually so it's refreshing to finally get it done!

What do you think of the step into Cassie's past? Do you want to hear more of her work while she was with HYDRA? Or do you want me to get on with the story in the present?

Let me know in the comments!