Fifty-Five

Theo

I asked Alfie to check in on Amelia for me. He understood her better than anyone. I was hoping she would open up to him about the Dominic situation. I knew she would be more comfortable telling him what happened. I remember asking him to go talk to her, but I don't remember the part where I asked him to get both of them wasted.

I walked into the room and found them eight drinks in and a complete emotional mess.

"Alfie you had one job, and tequila was not it." I complained.

"Theo you wouldn't understand. You asked me to help her open up and relax, look at her, she's relaxed." Alfie slurred.

We both looked over at the bed, and found Amelia face down just about unconscious.

"Get out of here before I beat the shit out of you Alfie."

Alfie ran to the night stand, grabbed what was left of the tequila and ran out of the room. I walked over to Amelia and rubbed her back.

"Amelia" I whispered, "It's time for bed now babe. Let me help you up. You'll be more comfortable under the covers."

I tried rolling Amelia over and sliding her under the covers. It took me longer than it should have because I didn't want to hurt any of her bruises or cuts. I had almost gotten Amelia completely under the covers when she grabbed my face. She pulled my face close to hers and poked my cheeks.

"You're my family now Theo." She said.

"What?"

"I said you're my family now. It's you and me 'till the end. You're stuck with me forever." She explained.

She let go of my face and finally laid down.

I stood there smiling watching her as she fell asleep. Just as she was falling asleep I gave her a kiss on her forehead, and pulled the covers up.

"Goodnight Amelia."

Amelia had been asleep for a while, but I wasn't ready for bed. I went back out to the living room and found Marcus hanging out with Gio. I started to walk over to the couch, but before I could sit my phone started to ring. I noticed the number was one of the men we sent to Montana. I hit the answer button, and put him on speaker.

"Hello?"

"Sir? We found the Petrovs. They were at the address you sent us. They're definitely dead." He said hesitantly, "But..." He paused.

"But what?" I asked, annoyed.

"Well, uhh, there's fourteen other bodies here. All Petrov's men, all of them dead."

I looked up at Gio and Marcus. Fourteen? Amelia took on fourteen men plus the Petrovs? The boys looked just as shocked as I did.

I hung up the phone, and the three of us sat there quietly.

"Fourteen?" Gio kept repeating. "How did she manage to kill sixteen people all by herself?"

"I'm not sure that's even humanly possible." Marcus added.

"Is it bad I think that's kinda hot?" I asked.

Gio punched my arm, "You are so freaking messed up." He said walking out of the living room.

"What? Come on, fourteen, that's impressive." I continued to say.

"You need a lot of therapy man." Marcus said leaving the living room.

Left all alone in the living room I decided to go to bed. Amelia was still sound asleep stretched out across the bed.

*****