Twenty-Two

Amelia

I woke up to Theo trying to move his arm without waking me up. He couldn't have been less graceful if he tried. Enjoying the show I pretended to still be asleep while he struggled to get out of the bed. Finally unable to hold in my laughter I let out a small giggle.

He stopped cold in his tracks and looked down at me.

"I swear to God if you've been awake this whole time I'll kill you." He threatened.

"Please, I'd love to see you try." I laughed as I sat up.

"How long did you watch me struggle?" He asked.

"Longer than you'd want me to admit." I said with a smile.

He sighed as he got out of bed with a now free arm. "It's your fault ya know. You looked so comfortable I didn't want to wake you up." Theo explained.

"Come on," I said blushing. "Let's go grab breakfast and start working on the Petrovs."

In the kitchen sat everyone but Lorenzo. The twins and Theresa were making pancakes. Charlie and Sophia were arguing about the coffee, and Alfie was a few bites into an 8 count stack of pancakes.

"Hey" Alfie said with a mouth full of food. "Grab some pancakes, they're delicious!"

I grabbed a plate and some food. Theo grabbed his food and sat next to me near the counter. While we sat Theo would drop his hand below the counter and glide his fingers on my thigh. This man had some nerve tempting me this early in the morning in front of his whole family. Unable to handle Theo anymore I jumped out of my seat and went back to my room to change. Walking back down to the kitchen I ran into Theresa.

"Amelia, good news we can go back to the house today. Lorenzo got it all cleaned up, and added more security. He said we should be fine. He doesn't think anyone will try to attack the house because now we're prepared for it. I was wondering if you would be willing to head back to the house with Ava, Oli and me this afternoon?" Theresa said.

"Of course. I'll pack now and be ready to go whenever you want to leave." I told her.

I worked with Alfie for the rest of the day trying to figure out who was helping Dominic. We tried tracking his movements over the past few months, but he had done a good job of not leaving a trace. Theresa was ready to leave around three, so all three of us plus Alfie headed back to the house. Lorenzo was there waiting for us, and so were a dozen other guys. Theresa was not kidding when she said Lorenzo had stacked the place with more security. Dominic would have to be an idiot to try and hit the house again.

I helped Theresa unpack everything we brought over to the safe house, and then I unpacked some of my stuff. While working in my office with Theo, Alfie barged into my office.

"Good news! Guess who's in town?" He shouted at me. Alfie sat down in a chair across from my desk acting like a schoolgirl who had a secret to spill at lunch.

"Who?" I asked.

"Alex. Rumor has it he's back in town working for the Russians." He said.

"Alex? Douchebag Alex?" I asked, hoping it was another Alex.

"Yeah, and even better, he agreed to dinner with you tonight at seven!" Alfie said.

"And that's good news because?" I asked.

"Because if anyone can get Alex to spill information on the Petrovs it's you! He's been obsessed with you ever since Paris. Come on, you have to go see him." Alfie tried to convince me.

"Why can't you go? You guys used to be close, and besides I'm not in the mood to put up with Alex right now." I said.

"You know Alex didn't agree to dinner tonight to see me. He only agreed because it's you. I bet you twenty bucks you can get everything out of him before dessert." Alfie said.