4

GIORNO DA RICODARE 

CHAPTER FOUR

_

DEIMOS' warm hand trailed down the back of Faye's sleeping body. Despite him tucking her in, her covers had been kicked off during the night, leaving her body exposed to the cold air around her. Deimos smiled at his Mate. She was ethereal, even in her sleep. 

"Faye," he whispered. He rubbed small circles into the middle of her back as she lay on her stomach. "It's time to wake up. You promised me a day together, remember?" 

Faye groaned and muttered something. She slowly opened her eyes, blinking a few times to clear them up as she saw the godsend man crouching by her small bed. 

She yawned and brought her fists up to her eyes, rubbing the sleep out of them. Deimos gently wrapped his hands around her wrists and brought them away from her eyes. 

"Don't rub your eyes, my flower, it will hurt them," he gently told her. 

She blinked a few more times before sitting up and looking at him. 

"Good morning. How did you sleep?" He asked.

She mumbled something and reached up for him to hug her. 

She wasn't sure why she did it. She had just met the man and hardly knew him. Yet something in her was screaming at her to be as close as possible to him. He reached out and took her in his arms, folding his hands around the back of her head and pressing her into his neck as he completely enveloped her. 

"It's time to get ready and then you can give me a tour," he gently whispered. "Come downstairs once you are ready and we can go." 

When she deemed herself ready, she trudged down the stairs to find Deimos sitting at the kitchen table. 

"Ready?" He asked, looking at her. His heart swelled seeing his Mate dressed in her outfit. "We can grab something to eat in town, your mother mentioned that you loved the chocolate croissants." She nodded eagerly and yawned again, blinking rapidly. "Still tired?" He asked, rubbing his thumb on her cheek. 

Faye only blushed and grabbed his hand, pulling him out the door. He chuckled and followed her eagerly before gently tugging on her arm. "Slow down, we'll get there. No need to tug off my arm," he teased. 

"Sorry," she mumbled, looking down. 

"It's okay, my flower," he intertwined their hands, feeling her small hand against his. 

Faye looked down at their intertwined hands and the massive difference between them. It was almost as if three of her hands could fit into just one of his, he was huge. Yet, his hands were so soft and gentle, as if she could break. It was natural for her to want his touch and be surrounded by him always, she just wasn't expecting it to happen so suddenly.  

"Do you like flowers?" He asked, making Faye look up at him. 

She nodded eagerly and squeezed his hand unknowingly. "I love them!" 

He chuckled at her excited behavior. "Good, then I'll buy you a whole bouquet when we're in town, okay?" He walked over to the black car parked at the end of their gravel driveway. He opened the door and let her get in the passenger seat before walking around to his side and settling in to drive. 

She nodded. "I have some money too, I can buy my own!" 

Deimos only looked at the girl with raised eyebrows. "It's my job to take care of you."

Faye nodded at his stern tone and decided to not argue with him. Her smile dropped from her face as she stared at the gravel in front of her as he pulled away. 

"What's wrong, my love?" He looked at her in concern. 

Why was she frowning? Was it what I said? Did I do something wrong?

"Nothing," she started and then trailed off. "It's just-, are you going to take me from my home?" 

Deimos's eyes widened, not realizing she was fully told about what happens when Mates meet. Normally, the Omega would leave their home to live with the Alpha in a place of their choosing, it was just a common occurrence. But Deimos didn't want to tait Faye's angelic nature by bringing her to Hell, the place of demons. But then again, he was a demon. And a very powerful one. 

He paused for a bit before mulling over some words on his tongue. "Well," he started. "I believe you should have some say in what happens. I understand you don't want to leave everything behind but I cannot live here with you and your mother." 

Faye only frowned and looked at her feet. "Okay," she whispered. Deimos furrowed his eyebrows, upset that his words didn't seem to quell his Mate's worries. 

"Hey," he stopped her wandering thoughts.  "I won't do anything without your consent. We will talk about this and figure it out, okay? I'm not going to be ripping you away." 

Faye seemed to lighten up a bit more, happy that he was including her in the decision. 

"Understand?" He asked. 

She nodded. 

"I need you to use your words," he said sternly. 

"Yes, I understand," Faye spoke. 

"Good," Deimos nodded. He parked the car in front of a strip of shops and walked around to open Faye's door, helping her out. He grabbed her hand, gently intertwining their fingers again as he tugged her along and looked down at her. 

"Now, I believe you promised me a tour and I promised you some flowers."