46

UN PER SEMPRE CON TE

CHAPTER FORTY-SIX

THE ENDING

-

FAYE looked at the boxes. "That's all, Blue! Now we can leave!" She carried the curious bunny in her arms, whose nose was continually twitching. She walked to the back of the car, placing him into the small carrier they had set up. Turtle was already sleeping in hers, bored of the commotion. 

"You ready, baby?" Deimos looked down at his Mate. 

Faye nodded and looked at the house one last time. She appreciated the big window that stretched to the backyard garden, the cobblestone driveway, and the vines beginning to grow over the siding. But it wasn't home, not after what happened. 

"Just me and you," Deimos held her palm and kissed it. "That's all we need?" 

Faye giggled as he kissed each one of her fingers. "And Turtle! And Blue! And-," 

"Okay, baby," he chuckled and leaned down, kissing her forehead as she hummed. "We need all of them too, I suppose." 

Faye nodded, determined to make it work. Home wasn't a place, she quickly learned that. It was him and her. 

They were destined to be together. "Your Mate is your home," The Moon Goddess ' words echoed in his mind, holding onto Faye's hand tightly. 

Faye stared out the window and hummed along to the song. They weren't moving exponentially far away but it was a good distance, about an hour and a half. Another small town, another small house. Though further away from her mother, Faye felt no fear. She had her Mate and would always. 

After a while of driving, Deimos pulled onto another gravel road, this one surrounded by trees again and a wooden fence began to line beside their car. The road curved as he gently followed it. The forest grew in depth and Faye felt right at home. 

The house came into view, a beautiful dark blue house that was rather dark, especially when framed with dark leaves around it. But Faye was determined. She would be planting native wildflowers, placing her colorful bird baths, and her wind chimes, paint the front door. She knew she was finally home. She could feel it. 

The two exited the car as Faye grabbed Blue's carrier, and Deimos grabbed Turtle. He unlocked the door, setting down the carrier and letting Turtle explore as Faye did the same. 

They walked to the kitchen, and though also muted in color, Faye was instantly excited. The old home was beautiful and modern but didn't feel like her. This one would be for sure because she'd be redoing it all, adding her touch of color and excitement to the home. 

"There's another surprise for you," Deimos carried in some boxes. "Do you want to see it?"

Faye nodded and grabbed his hand as he pulled them through the backyard. It was massively overgrown but she knew what she would do, she'd plant a garden and string up some lights and make it so beautiful. 

Deimos pulled her to the white fence that was about chest high and sported a huge gap in between the rungs. He climbed over it before helping her do the same, making sure she was safe and secure before continuing. 

The two walked through the light trail that had been made. Suddenly, he stopped behind a tree that was in the way. "Are you ready?" 

Faye nodded eagerly and squeezed his hand. "Look," he pulled her through into the clearing where there was a lake, fresh blue and beautiful. 

Faye gasped and walked over to the rocky edge. She knelt, touching the cool water with her hand. It seemed safe enough to swim in and she was so ecstatic. 

"I knew this would add to the house so when I saw it, I knew we had to have it," Deimos spoke behind her. 

Faye turned around with tears in her eyes. In everything he's done, he's always put her first. In her safety, in her comfort, in her love. She was always first. 

"I love you, so much," she whispered as he towered over her, bending down. 

He connected their lips, Faye giggling into the kiss. "You're everything to me," Deimos said. "Care for a swim?" 

Faye frowned and looked at her attire. "But my dress?" 

Deimos smirked and tugged at the bottom, lifting it. "Take it off, baby." 

Faye giggled and listened, stripping her dress off until she was left in her green underwear and lacy bra. Deimos did the same, stripping to his underwear. "Ready?" He asked and held out his hand. She grabbed it and maneuvered over the rocks with him before entering the warm weather. 

She laughed and splashed him, making him gasp and turn around. He grabbed her and dunked her under, making sure to keep ahold of her to ensure her safety. She was becoming a stronger swimmer with his help. 

"I love you," Deimos held her waist. 

"I love you too," she whispered, her eyelashes holding gentle beads of water. 

The two connected their lips, a gentle and passionate kiss of love, recovery, and peace.

Faye was finally at peace. A new home, a new start, and her Mate. She couldn't ask for anything more. 

The two floated in harmony, listening to the birds chirping, and feeling the sun on their faces. It was just the two of them against the world. After an hour, they exited and dried off, walking back to the house hand in hand. 

They moved the rest of the boxes into the house before retiring to the bed, lying together. Faye leaned on his chest as he stroked her hair, gently putting her to sleep. Deimos reflected on his beautiful Mate. For the first time in many years, his heart burned and set his body aflame with warmth. Quietly, he sent thanks to the Moon Goddess.

Faye and Deimos, is a love story of a brute and a fairy, coming together in patience, harmony, and love. Two souls connected, heartbeats aligned until their final breath. A promise that couldn't be broken by any sword. 

The Mates destined to be. 

The devil. 

The angel. 

Mortale