37

DI NUOVO A CASA 

CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN

_

It was finally the day.

The two would be returning to their home on Earth. Although Faye appreciated the eternal beauty and the luxurious bathtub (she knew she'd have to beg Deimos for more bath dates when she got back), she couldn't help but miss the home she had. 

It was true, she missed all the things about her home. Blue, her garden, but mostly she missed Deimos. It wasn't that she hadn't seen him much, but with the new updates about his father getting out (less to her knowledge), he wasn't around much during the day and often let her wander with some of the fellow residents.

Lovely people, she conducted, but she wanted her Mate.

"Baby, you have all your items?" Deimos checked one more time as Faye nodded, sitting on her suitcase before falling.

"Yep, have them all!"

Deimos returned to where she was, holding up a forgotten bra. "I'm not sure Celine would want to keep this," he raised an eyebrow.

"Oops," Faye giggled and grabbed it from him, quickly stuffing it into her suitcase. "Okay, now all ready."

"Good girl," Deimos remarked and patted her on the butt to move forwards. She left the room, handing off her suitcase to the helpers outside, and thanked them before grabbing Deimos' hand.

"It was a pleasure to have you both here," Celine remarked once the two had gotten outside. "It's been a joy to meet you, little Faye."

Faye blushed and hid behind Deimos' arm as he chuckled and looked down at her.

"Thank you, ma'am, it was an honor." She murmured, Deimos proud of her for speaking up.

"And best of luck to you, Deimos. I am here to support you and will send in help for your search."

Deimos nodded and held tighter onto Faye's hand. "What?" Faye whispered and looked up at Deimos.

"Thank you, Celine. I will let you know." The three parted and Deimos began to walk with Faye toward the car parked outside.

"What was Celine talking about?"

Deimos brushed his hand over Faye's hair and settled into the car next to her. "Nothing you need to worry your pretty head about."

Faye looked up at him with her puppy eyes. "It is pretty," she nodded.

"You little-," Deimos grabbed her and smashed his lips on her own, giggles erupting from her, ruining their kiss.

The two settled in as the windows darkened, the vehicle moving. Deimos brought out Faye's stuffed animal and let her rest against him, leaning up against his arm as he brushed his thumb back and forth over her. Deimos instead stared straight ahead, wondering what he would do about his father.

Certainly, he knew that Deimos was banished to Earth and knew that he had a mate. He just didn't know how much his father knew and if he knew of his whereabouts.

Deimos watched his mate fall asleep, brushing his thumb over her soft lips and tracing down her jaw. Beauty encaptured her, she was radiant. But he knew he needed to protect that radiance. And that meant ending his father's life.

After a good hour, Deimos gently carried Faye in his arms as the two departed from the car, the latter still sleeping. Faye mumbled in her sleep but didn't wake.