41

LA FUGA 

CHAPTER FORTY-ONE

DEIMOS sat behind Faye, lathering her up gently. 

"Careful, sweet girl. You're splashing the water out." Deimos pressed a kiss on her shoulder, gently rubbing the loofa over her arms. 

She giggled but adhered to his concerns and made sure she wasn't moving too much to splash around. She sat up in the tub, in between Deimos' spread legs. He continued washing her, gently rubbing her back and making sure she was all clean before rinsing her. 

"Deimos?" 

He paused, setting down the loofa and moving on to the shampoo. "Hm?" 

"Do you get lonely?" 

Deimos continued his slow ministrations on her hair, massaging her gently.

"Lonely? Hm. I don't think so. After all, I have everything I need right here." 

But Faye frowned and continued to play with the water between her fingers. "Are you sure?" Deimos finished running his fingers through the end of her and separating the strands. 

"Pinky promise," he raised a finger in the air as she wrapped her pinky around his. "Now, let's get you rinsed off and out, hm?"

The two quickly rinsed and Deimos stepped out, drying himself off before grabbing his briefs and sweats to quickly throw on. Grabbing the towel he had getting warm in the dryer, he walked back to the bathroom and held it out, waiting for her to exit the tub. 

She giggled and ran into his arms as he wrapped the towel around her, gently drying her off and kissing her on her forehead. 

He let her dress before returning to the bedroom. "C'mere," he sat on the bed and let her lean in between his legs as he began to gently comb and dry her hair. Putting it in a braid, he pressed a kiss to her neck before turning her back around. 

Faye stood up and touched her hair. "How did you know how to do that?" 

Deimos smirked and leaned up, pressing his lips to hers in a sweet kiss that was distracting. "I have my ways," he winked and grabbed her hand, pulling her out of the room. 

"You want to sunbathe?" He looked down at her, grabbing a blanket from the closet. 

"Yes, please!" Faye giggled and jumped, walking to the sliding door that led to their backyard oasis. 

"Drink?" He moved to the kitchen, grabbing a pitcher of her lemonade and some freshly baked bread. Faye nodded and grabbed the bread from his hands. 

"Can you grab a carrot for Blue?" The rabbit hopped over, staring out of the door, waiting for her to open. 

"Dumb, little rabbit that my girl is obsessed-" 

"What?" Faye stood by the door, one leg already out. 

"Of course, baby," he smiled and grabbed the carrot, balancing everything in his arms before following her.