14

IL PICCOLO MARMOCCHIO 

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

FAYE got out of the car in a hurry, grabbed Deimos' wrist, and tugged him along. 

"Slow down, my love," he called, not wanting her to pull or get hurt. 

But Faye didn't listen and continued to pull. "Faye," he warned. He grabbed her hand, intertwining their fingers. She stopped at his voice and turned to look at him, pouting. "Do not pull." She only attempted to remove her hand from his, before finally tugging free. 

He hoped she wouldn't have an attitude for long, he didn't want to have to punish her already. 

The two walked in, Faye grabbed a cart and began to push. Although he wasn't from Earth, he knew the basics of how humans operate stores and food so he played along to fit in. Faye immediately rushed towards the cookies in the front, grabbing 3 boxes and placing them in the cart. 

"Faye," he grabbed two boxes and put them back on the shelf. "No, we don't need three boxes."

Faye huffed and glared at him. He ignored it and went to grab more fruits and veggies. 

"Gross." She muttered, not wanting to eat all the fresh foods he was getting. 

"Faye, we need to eat healthy " he looked at his pouting Mate. 

Tears began to rush to her eyes as he continued, completely ignoring the chips, cookies, crackers, desserts, and snacks. He only grabbed fresh meat, fruits, veggies, and condiments. Faye sneakily placed another bag of cookies into the cart, hoping he wouldn't notice. Her mom would usually let her have more than one, so why wouldn't he?

The two walked up to the checkout, placing the items on the table and letting the cashier scan them all. 

"What's this?" Deimos asked, pulling out a box of cookies. "We aren't getting these, I already told you." 

"You're so unfair! You never listen." 

"Faye," he walked over and grabbed her shoulders. "Cut it out, right now." 

But she didn't listen and began to push him with her fists. "I hate you, you never let me do anything fun!" 

Deimos growled in warning, grabbing her jaw gently and pulling her to look at him. "You will not say that to me. I am your Mate, you are to respect me. Now, cut it out." 

Faye calmed and stopped her tantrum, silent tears ran down her cheeks as she crossed her arms and continued to look away. The cashier finished and Deimos paid, grabbing the bags quickly and rushing out of the door. Faye followed him, trudging along. 

When they finally got back in the car it hit Faye that she was in big trouble. She looked over at a fuming Deimos, he refused to even look at her. His knuckles turned white with the immense amount of pressure he was gripping the steering wheel with. 

"I'm sorry," she pleaded, giving him big watery eyes. 

He only drove in silence, not looking at her.