XIV (Xisuma)

250 reads. 250. Dam. I was surprised to get 70 but this is insane. Also, I wanted to make this a Mumbo PoV but it seemed like too much Mumbo? It felt weird trying to write this from anyone else PoV though.

Xisuma's Dream (It's pretty much a Demigod Dream)

I 'woke up' in a dark room. The floor and ceiling were made of stone brick. The walls were iron bars, all I could see through the bars was a dark void.

The door of the cell opened and a boy was shoved in by grey hands. They stumbled and fell against the bars. He cringed away from bars as his arms touched them.

"Stay here. We'll inform the Onoro. They'll be down here soon." The voice was deep and gravely. It came from somewhere out in the black void.

"It's not like I can go anywhere. Can you at least move me off the iron, please? I'm a fae, iron burns me." Hands came through the bars behind the boy and shoved him forward. "Thanks" He mumbled.

His head was covered by a bag but the boy was wearing a torn-up red turtleneck sweater and grey jeans. His top half was almost completely tied up, including a pair of folded white wings with a handful of golden feathers and a few purple ones.

No way, this couldn't be. He would know better than this. (That felt so cringy to write.)

I tried to communicate with him but he just sat there, I didn't think if he could hear me.

"⍑ᒷ'ᓭ ᓭℸ ̣ ╎ꖎꖎ ᔑ∴ᔑꖌᒷ! ꖌリ𝙹ᓵꖌ ⍑╎ᒲ 𝙹⚍ℸ ̣ !" The hands came through and hit the boy in the head with what looked to be enough force to crack a human skull. He slumped forward but I could still see his chest heaving so he was still breathing. Somehow he had survived that blow.

"╎ᓭ ℸ ̣ ⍑╎ᓭ ∴⍑ᔑℸ ̣ ||𝙹⚍ ∴ᔑリℸ ̣ ᒷ↸ ℸ ̣ 𝙹 ᓭ⍑𝙹∴ ᒲᒷ? ᔑ ℸ ̣ ╎ᒷ↸-⚍!¡ ʖ𝙹||? ∴⍑|| ╎ᓭ ⍑ᒷ ᒷ⍊ᒷリ ⍑ᒷ∷ᒷ? ∴⍑ᔑℸ ̣ ↸╎↸ ⍑ᒷ ↸𝙹?" Why was everyone speaking in Galactic? I really needed to learn, all these people speaking a language I didn't know was making me very confused.

"⍑ᒷ ∴ᔑᓭ 𝙹⚍ℸ ̣ ᓭ╎↸ᒷ, 𝙹∷𝙹∷𝙹. ⍑ᒷ ᓭᔑ╎↸ ⍑ᒷ ∴ᔑリℸ ̣ ᒷ↸ ℸ ̣ 𝙹 ℸ ̣ ᔑꖎꖌ. ⍑╎ᓭ リᔑᒲᒷ ╎ᓭ ⊣∷╎ᔑリ. ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ 𝙹リꖎ|| ∴ᒷᔑ!¡𝙹リ 𝙹リ ⍑╎ᒲ ╎ᓭ ⍑╎ᓭ ᓭ∴𝙹∷↸, ∴ᒷ ℸ ̣ 𝙹𝙹ꖌ ╎ℸ ̣ ⎓∷𝙹ᒲ ⍑╎ᒲ, ⍑ᒷ ∴╎ꖎꖎ╎リ⊣ꖎ|| ⊣ᔑ⍊ᒷ ╎ℸ ̣ ⚍!¡ ℸ ̣ ⍑𝙹⚍⊣⍑. ⍑ᒷ ᓵꖎᔑ╎ᒲᓭ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ ∴ᔑℸ ̣ ᓵ⍑ᒷ∷ᓭ ᔑ∷ᒷ ℸ ̣ ∷||╎リ⊣ ℸ ̣ 𝙹 ᔑℸ ̣ ℸ ̣ ᔑᓵꖌ ℸ ̣ ⍑╎ᓭ ᓭᒷ∷⍊ᒷ∷ ᔑリ↸ ⍑ᒷ ∴ᔑリℸ ̣ ᓭ ⍑ᒷꖎ!¡ ↸ᒷ⎓ᒷリ↸╎リ⊣ ╎ℸ ̣. ᔑꖎᓭ𝙹, ⍑ᒷ'ᓭ ᔑ ⎓ᔑᒷ." 

"╎⎓ ⍑ᒷ'ᓭ ᓭ!¡ᒷᔑꖌ╎リ⊣ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ ℸ ̣ ∷⚍ℸ ̣ ⍑ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷリ ℸ ̣ ⍑╎ᓭ ╎ᓭ ᑑ⚍╎ℸ ̣ ᒷ ᓭᒷ∷╎𝙹⚍ᓭ. ||𝙹⚍. ⊣ᒷℸ ̣ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ ╎∷ꖌᔑ. ╎'ꖎꖎ リᒷᒷ↸ ⍑ᒷ∷ ⍑ᒷꖎ!¡ ∴⍑ᒷリ ∴ᒷ ᑑ⚍ᒷᓭℸ ̣ ╎𝙹リ ⍑╎ᒲ." Some was shuffling around from out in the void. "ℸ ̣ ᔑꖌᒷ 𝙹⎓⎓ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ ʖᔑ⊣, ╎ ∴ᔑリℸ ̣ ℸ ̣ 𝙹 ᓭᒷᒷ ⍑╎ᒲ." Another grey hand reached in behind the unconscious boy as it ripped off the bag on his head.

My suspicions were confirmed. The unconscious boy was Grian. The door opened up again and an ‌‌Illusioner walked in. He pulled out a potion and waved it under Grian nose, wafting the fumes into his face and he began to stir.

Another Illusioner came in, just as Grian was coming to.

"ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ|| ⎓╎ꖎꖎᒷ↸ ᒲᒷ ╎リ. ╎ᓭ ╎ℸ ̣ ℸ ̣ ∷⚍ᒷ?" They sounded female.

"||𝙹⚍ ᓭ⍑𝙹⚍ꖎ↸ ᔑᓭꖌ ⍑╎ᒲ ||𝙹⚍∷ᓭᒷꖎ⎓. ⍑ᒷ'ᓭ ∴ᔑꖌ╎リ⊣ ⚍!¡." This one sounded like a male. Grian snapped up and stared at the male one.

"╎ ᓵᔑリ ᓭ!¡ᒷᔑꖌ ⊣ᔑꖎᔑᓵℸ ̣ ╎ᓵ ℸ ̣ 𝙹 ||𝙹⚍ ꖌリ𝙹∴." The Illusioners looked perplexed that he responded. The female one replyed, thankfully, in English.

"How do you know Galactic? Very yew know the language."

"The same reason I'm here. Surely you've felt them. They found this server, they want to destroy it and everything in it. I've managed to hold them back but they've already sent two spells through." Somehow he shifted his collar so they could see his neck. There was an ugly purplish-black scar that looked like it was burnt there, not only that but it was in the shape of a symbol that I vaguely recognised from a book I read at one point. A rectangle with two broken corners. "This came first and then these," he chin-gestured to his wings, "were next. The hermits found my base of operations, I've been on the run from some of them lately. Anyway, I need some help learning how to control my new fae powers. And not to mention they've almost broken through my defences, I need help if I'm going to keep this up. Care to help?"

The two Illusioners shared a look. They turned back to Grian, the male one opened his mouth to speak. When he spoke he spoke in Scar's voice.

"Wake up, Xisuma."

Dream Over

I sat up so fast I hit Scar in the head.

"Ow. What was that for?"

"Sorry Scar," I remembered him saying something about Grian having a burnt scar on his neck which started this whole thing, "didn't you say Grian had a mark on the back of his neck?"

"I forgot about that. That's why I brought this book, I thought it was a symbol so I was looking up what it meant."

"Did it look like this?" I finger drew the symbol in the dirt. "Except in a blackish purply colour."

He frowned. "Yeah. One second." He pulled a thick book out of his inventory and flipped through it. He stopped and showed me the page. There was a picture that looked exactly like the symbols I saw in my dream, the title read; 'The Mark of The Watchers'. 

The page went on about what it meant and how it would've got there, but the basics were;

The mark, or as it was more commonly called the EVO, would magically start showing up when the watchers were preparing to do something for the server. It could be done by a player but if it was the real thing then it would have traces of their magic on it. They were almost always made of bedrock and sometimes bedrock and obsidian structures called watcher towers appeared with them but not always. 

If the symbols targeted a single person, place or thing then was what or where the watchers were going to strike. In this case, it meant these watchers targeting Grian. They were entities so they could perma-kill.

"S-scar?"- Xisuma

"Yes?" 

"Have you read this?"

"No. Why?"

"Has anyone else read it?"

"Only you."

"I'll be keeping this then." I brought up my admin pannels and dropped the book straight into my ender chest. "I don't know the full situation but if this is true, we need to find Grian as soon as possible."

"Is there anything to tell the others?"

"No, anything I tell them will freak them out"

"I'll trust that. We are dealing with the illagers after all."

By the way, their sleeping in tents. Everything in X's dream was true, that's what Demigod Dream means. Also, since I was sick and at home there's going to be 2 parts this week.

WC: 1238

Cheers,

Isabelle