XVII

"Hello, everyone. I have called this meeting to inform you all of some changes.

We have a new student who isn't like any of us. He's a player." The crowd gasped in disbelief. "I know we would usually kill payers but this one is not your average player. He was a watcher but he escaped them and now he is the only thing protecting the entire server from being destroyed. This came has come at a cost, he was hit by a spell that made him a fae. He came to us seeking help as he ran from the hermits when they found him. We have decided to accept him as our own. He will train with me, the Irka and our trainee.

If any of the hermits come then only he will fight, unless he can't for some reason, that's when the rest of you can fight. There will be no perma-killing any players without the permission of both the Irka and I.

You are to treat him like any other student, player or otherwise.

He will introduce himself now." That was my cue. Irka already gave me an illusioners' robe to change into. I pulled the hood of it down so you couldn't see the top half of my face. I still wore my normal clothes underneath, just like I had done with the watchers.

I walked up on stage and looked out to the sea of grey faces, all of them were looking up at me expectantly.

"Umm... Hello, I am Xelqua. I was a watcher but I ran away. Now I've devoted myself to bringing them down. I hope we can do that together. Thank you."

Time Skip to stop the cringe.

After my introduction, they led me to a room with an arena in it. There was someone else waiting for us. They also wore Illusioner robes

"Xelqua, this is Quetta. He is our Illusioner trainee. You two will spar first with everything you got. You'll keep going until one of you is unconscious. No killing. Ready? Go!"

I had no time to prepare, I didn't even know we were going to fight. Quetta must have known already because they were ready. (I can't write fight scenes. Sorry in advance.) They lunged for me with a sword in their hand. I easily sidestepped and let my watcher training take over.

I summoned my own sword from thin air and sliced through theirs. They looked shocked for a second before they drew another one. We exchanged blows for a couple of minutes. I pushed them back with some magic that I channelled through my sword. They recovered quickly but I didn't let them come closer. Like Mumbo said, I can't do PvP. The thought of Mumbo brought tears to my eyes as I remembered his heartbroken expression when I ran from him only a few nights before.

I sent a wave of golden magic at them which they simply dodged, I tried a technique that I always struggled with. I sent 4 continuous waves of magic making a box around them. They were trapped. I sent one last small blast at them which hit them square in the head. They fell to the ground.

I cut off the magic and waited for them to get up, they didn't. The Onoro held up his hand and walked over to them. "That was fast. Quetta's out cold, you win."

"Maybe we've underestimated you. Have you ever tried to do anything with your fae powers?" Irka had somehow gotten a clipboard while we were fighting. She was writing tons of stuff in galactic.

"No, I know it's there and I could probably channel some of it into weather magic but I've never really tried using it for anything fae related."

"Well then, I'm setting you some homework." She handed me a piece of paper with some hastily written galactic."Go down to the library, there'll be a librarian there who can get you the books you need. Just show them the list. I'll come to you again before dinner and show you to the illusioners' dining room." (Each profession has its own dining room.)