Chapter 29

[A/N] -  For anyone wondering, Guan-yin means Goddess of Mercy. Also, I will add a full character info chapter very soon to give you better info on her character and her past. And congrats for whoever guessed it right, she is Yue; the child of Tengchao and Xichen.

Soon, you will find out why her character had a 180 degrees turn.

----------------------------------------------------

She and Shizui started to run around, attracting the attention of the statue as Jingyi ran on the wall and quickly slammed a cleansing tag on the back of the statue. It shone with bright blue light but only seem to anger the statue as it spread all four of its hands through the cavern walls.

They were quick to try and attack the two Lan disciples, who either dodged or blocked the stone hands with the sharp nails that tried to grab them. The sound of rocks crushing and blades clashing echoed across the forest, lifting wind, and drawing the attention of Xuanyu.

He looked towards the direction of the cave, where a thick cloud of smoke and dirt had been lifted. Through it, the four young cultivators jumped and landed on the stable ground. The two male Lan disciples were at one side while Guan-yin with Ling were at the other, all with their blades drawn.

Then, the statue walked through the smoke; its steps making the earth shake.

Then, out of the blue, 3 cultivators landed not too far away from our heroes.

"Well, would you look at that. It is still alive" One said, amused by the situation. "Let's go get it".

This angered Ling, who quickly charged at the stone statue. By jumping on its head, he tried many times to slice it on multiple places, but his sword was unable to pierce through the stone flesh.

That idiot. His sword won't be able to pierce the stone, Guan-yin thought as Ling was now on the run, the statue hot on his trails.

Without a second thought, she rushed after him and the statue while ignoring the shouts of her fellow disciples. Summoning three special tags, she jumped up and tossed them at the statue. By landing on them, a blue light appeared, and the statue was having trouble to move.

This won't keep it for long, she thought, and she landed next to Ling, who was out of breath.

The cultivators from before then surrounded the statue, grabbing the chance and activating a special sealing bell. It grew on size, quickly levitating above the statue before trapping it inside it.

With a grip of pride, the leader tapped the metallic hollow structure that would contain the statue; or so he thought. The banging sound could be heard from the inside before the bell exploded and lifted a strong amount of air and dark energy.

As everyone lifted their hands to shield their faces, they watched in terror as the statue stood there. One of its left arms was suddenly more alive, dark veins on it and dark energy radiating from it; clear as day.

A sudden fire started of nowhere, quickly spreading in the area around them and burning the trees while trapping them all inside. Sizhui and Jingyi quickly landed next to their teammate, all three standing protectively in front of Ling.

"Children! Hurry and send that signal. To this...Hanguan Jun" Xuanyu said, hiding behind a tree, not too far away from them.

"Who are you calling children?" Jingyi snapped back.

"We used all our flares in Mo village" Guan-yin quickly filled him in.

They all watched as the other cultivators were trying to hit the statue but were unsuccessful. Then, out of nowhere, an arrow passed by them and hit the temple of the statue, causing a deep crack.