Chapter 15

It has been around 2 months since the exposure and the new...deal? Can it even be called that? I am not sure. All I know is that they were very slow, consisting of me recovering my spiritual energy and my body.

Xichen left for a secret mission a few days after it, leaving me alone with Wangji, his uncle and grandmaster Lan. Not the wisest of an idea, considering how they eyed me. My whole identity and gender concealment were still fresh.

I spent those lonely days in my room, recovering and meditating.

One of those days, I was sitting crossed leg on the hard wooden floor. I had been sitting for hours, feeling my body complaining from the uncomfortable material I was putting pressure on. However, I ignored it.

With palms facing each other, parallel to the floor, I mediated. I could feel my spiritual energy moving through my veins as I focused on my spiritual core. A slight wind almost picked up as I tried to master my technique.

That was something I left halfway through before I depart from the Celestial Mountains. It was one created by Master Baoshan and passed it only to those she saw ready. I was from the few, saying it would come handy with my golden core.

Now, it did make me wonder whether she suspected one day I would leave the Mountain and wanted to ensure I had useful resources, or not. That woman was mysterious and powerful if she had found a way to even have premonitions I wouldn't be surprised.

This technique was challenging, requiring hours of meditation and perfect focus. Thankfully for me, I had all the time in the world. Having to recover and being on room-supervision was the perfect spot for me.

Of course, that didn't mean I was inside my room all the time. No thanks, I was allowed to roam the ground some days and visit the training grounds. I also heard the best of gossip by moving my subconscious on a special talisman on the shape of a paper human.

It was a trick Wuxian had taught me and consisted very useful. Of course, it was also dangerous; especially if I get caught. So far, I was blessed by the heavens, and no such incident ever took place.

This way, I had learnt everything that was going on outside.

For starters, Wen Chao had attacked Yunmeng and obliterated everyone from the sect. In those who perished under the flames and steel were the clan leader and his wife. The three children managed to escape but were hunted down.

Yanlin was in safe hands with the Jin clan, and Cheng had found help with Lan disciplines, sent by none other than Wangji. That had gotten him quite the scolding, but he kept doing it while searching for his missing friend.

I tried to join, but I was met with cold negative responses.

That forced me harder in training, ensuring myself to be stronger than last time. As time had passed and Wuxian was missing, my worries grew, and I pushed myself even harder. I had managed to develop some faint muscles from the training and practised my swordless fighting.

Now, I had to master that technique, and I would be ready.

Wen Ruohan used the Jiang clan as a threat to submit every clan under his rule and establish special offices to have everyone under tight watch. The Lan clan was one of them even though no one indeed agreed.

However, with Xichen gone on his secret mission and the remaining of Cloud Recess surrounding us, everyone realized it was for the best. Too much blood had been shed on those grounds, too many tears had been shed.

Suddenly, the door to my room was pulled open and caused me a shock. I lost my control, and my spiritual energy subsided while I whipped my head towards the door. Wangji stood there, his face as stoic as ever but I knew that particular expression.