Chapter 25

Throughout the years, the power of the four great clans spread across the land. In cooperation with smaller ones, they consisted of a tight alliance that aimed to fight the evil and protect the people.

In a smaller village, called Mo Village, unusual energies had been detected. Asking for help, the calling of the citizens brought 3 young Lan disciples to help with their problem.

Two teenage boys and a teenage girl, all bearing the clouded pattern on their white ribbons around their foreheads. Their white Lan robes made them stand out as they walked the streets of the village.

The two boys had their black hair pulled up and away from their faces, except for a single bang above their left eye and few thin side bangs by their temples. Around the age of 17, they walked at each side of the only female.

The teenage girl, around the age of 16 stood out due to her more feminine face. Her hair, silk and a smooth short mane that seemed black in colour but with the light above it, someone could see shades of very dark purple.

In style, it was half pinned up by a white ribbon which supported the bun with a special ornament, characteristic to the Lan Clan Leader Family alone

In style, it was half pinned up by a white ribbon which supported the bun with a special ornament, characteristic to the Lan Clan Leader Family alone. In length, her hair was shorter than the boys, stopping a little bit past her shoulder. She has also left a patch, covering her left eye, and stopping a little bit past her nose.

Unlike the boys, her eyes held a violet hue which seemed brighter against her pale skin. Her robes were similar to her fellow disciples and around her waist, her loyal sword was tied. As she walked, through the faint movements of her buggy sleeves, light blue markings seemed to be embedded on her skin.

"We are almost to the main house. We should treat this with care" she said.

The one at her left gave a nod while the right looked around before leaning slightly to her ear. "I have heard that the lady of this village has a fiery temper."

"Even more reasons not to act carelessly," the other boy said.

The girl smirked faintly. "Plus, I doubt anyone can match your temper Jingyi".

She chuckled, making her friend blush slightly. "I do not have such a temper. Sizhui, back me up here"

The other boy chuckled and lifted his hands slightly on the air, indicating he didn't want to participate in the discussion.

==============================

Soon, the three of them were in the main house of the Mo family. Sitting behind three small wooden tables, they were served tea.

"I hear the disciples of Lan clan are great heroes. And here you are, every one of you, so handsome, so high-spirited, so bright and brave. The cream of the crop. And what an honour to have the daughter of the clan leader himself" Mrs Mo said, putting a fake smile and continuing with her praises.