Chapter 5

The rest of the year passed slow, very slow. Yes, classes were interesting, and I learn many new things but without Wuxian to cause some trouble; it was boring. I did wish he could be back, or he wouldn't have left despite how much he angered me.

Unfortunately, that wasn't the case but something positive happened. Once the classes were over, I was offered to become a disciple of Lan. I know, right? Shut up with such luck I should go for gambling.

I have been thinking about it for a long time but decided not yet because you never know. So, yes, I am officially dressed in white as if I am going to a funeral. You would think someone like them would choose a different colour with a better meaning but nope. Not even close.

Yet a month after it happened, I left Cloud Recess on a small trip. I was allowed at last due to how fast I learnt, and I would spend my next 5 days at Lotus Pier. That's right, I took Wuxian's offer and sent him a letter.

Now, I was on a cute small boat on top of endless blue waters with lotus flowers and plants. Magical, a true jewel. I stood at the edge of the boat, dressed in my new Lan attire while waiting for the pier to come closer.

I was excited. I wanted to visit the city and believe it or not, I did miss the goofy mischievous and naughty teen. We were almost there and amongst the crowd, he stood out due to his black clothing.

I could hear him calling my name, jumping up and down and shaking his hands. He was such a child sometimes. The moment I stepped on the wooden pier, he charged at me for a hug. With fast reflexes, I sidestepped and he fell in the water with a loud 'Splash'.

I smirked and turned my body, seeing him with a lotus flower on his head. The water was quite shallow so he was sitting and barely his waist being fully in.

"Xi-gege, that was rude" he complained, and I offered my hand at him.

He grinned and took it, only to try and pull me into the water. I suspected his move, so I held my ground steadily and pulled him on top of the pier. "Nice try but no"

He shook his body like a dog before looking at me, wanting to hug me but I gave him the look.

"So glad you are finally here Xi-gege but why are you dressed like that?"

"Well...after you left. I had no one to cause me trouble and my luck changed"

I was in one of the special music rooms in the library along with Xichen. We were both playing a cleansing song on an affected dagger. I smirked once we were done and the job was done as well. I had become quite good over it and he was a great teacher indeed.

I grinned from satisfaction and he smiled at me. "The classes are almost over" he started, and my smirk dropped.

"Please, Zewu Jun, do not remind me. It's too sad of thought" I said.

I had stopped bowing but I rarely called him by name, at least out loud. He didn't seem to mind that much as long as I didn't bow every 5 seconds.

He chuckled a graceful and elegant chuckle that made you think of those stories, of princes and royals that were too godly for this world. Wait what? Shaking my head, I got rid of whatever thought decided to exist there.

"My uncle and I have been thinking. You are a fast learning student and very talented. It is a waste not to be part of a clan. For that, we discussed, and we wanted to offer you a place as a Lan disciple"

"Shut up" I exclaimed, and I immediately slapped my hands in front of my mouth, my cheeks and ears flushing red. "I mean, I could never thank you enough for this offer; Zewu Jun" I bowed, and I could see him in my mind almost rolling his eyes.