Chapter 19

[A/N] – So, I don't know how many episodes I binge-watched in a day but, unfortunately, there is no direct or detailed episode about what happened after the appearance of Wuxian. Only parts and bits from here and there.

Therefore, I will combine what was presented in the Web Series (The Untamed) with some changes. I will try to transit from one moment to the other smoothly, but as you realise, slowly, the past comes to an end.

I plan on moving fast forward to WWX rebirth but most likely add a new character...^^ My loyal readers have already requested about that specific character, and I can add a few twist plots and mysteries as well.

Before that happen, however, let us see how far I can reach with my imagination and provide you with enough good Xichen x Tengchao moments. Honestly, anyone has any idea about the ship's name?

=======================================

After Wuxian's sudden appearance and the death of Wen Chao, Wangji, the remaining Lan disciples and I returned to Cloud Recess. We had to recover, heal and inform of what had taken place in the city.

His return and his new cultivation methods wouldn't go unnoticed for sure, and I was afraid of what it would bring in return.

Leaving out a sigh, I sat on the floor in my room and finished wrapping a white bandage across my lower torso. Wen Zhuliu had managed to toss me on some sharp debris, and I was thankful none of my ribs were broken, this time.

As I finished, I couldn't help but shiver when his death replayed in my mind. The way his arm was twisted unnaturally and then how his golden core was taken out of his body...closing my eyes, my hand grabbed my robes.

I cared about Wuxian, and I will admit, Wen Zhuliu did harm a lot of people. However, the way his punishment was delivered was too much. Considering he was following orders, like so many of us keep doing.

"Tengchao" someone called me, and I snapped my eyes open once I recognised. Looking above my shoulder, I saw the silhouette of Xichen behind the closed rice paper door. "May I come in?"

I quickly pulled my robes up, making sure to cover my shoulders and body as I gave a nod. Then I stopped halfway and facepalmed, once I realised that he couldn't see me.

I am such an idiot sometimes.

"Come in," I said as I finished covering myself.

Looking above my shoulder again, I watched him taking a few steps inside and closing the door. His eyes landed on my form, suddenly feeling uneasy once he realised I was not fully dressed in all the robe layers.

"I...I apologise...I didn't know..." his voice flustered for the first time, his cheeks getting a very faint pink hue as he looked at the side.

I found the reaction extremely cute, never having him for such a shy man. Especially considering how he used to invade my personal space and tease me when we first met.

Guess this is revenge, huh? It does feel good.

No, it did. I held back my chuckle, placing the back of my hand in front of my lips to cover my smirk of amusement.

"I wouldn't have allowed you to come in if I was...well...unprepared" I admitted, my cheeks flushing slightly at the mere idea of allowing him to come before I get covered.

Shaking my head slightly, I tried to focus on the current moment. Bad Xi. No. No such thoughts about him. Shame on you.

"I just talked with Wangji...I didn't see you and I came to check" he explained, slowly regaining his composure. His eyes travelled from me to the blood-stained cloth and the bandages placed by my side. "You are injured."