27: I Love You

Don't look him in the . . . What were we talking about?
Previously:
"I'm still I'm love with him, Grace." "(Y/N), do you love me?"

(Y/N)s POV:

I dreamt of that night he painted me, when I touched the (___) side of my bed it still felt a little warm, it even smelled like him. "He must've stayed the whole night." "Ohhhhhh and who is this he we're talking about?" That cracked voice.
"Grella what are you doing here?" "Well we got off on the wrong foot, so I stole your breakfast and decided to bring it to so we can get to know each other."
"We already know each other." I pointed at our eyes. "Yes yes we got that over and done with," she set the tray on my lap, "now who's this he?" . . . I mean she is a Grim Reaper, but she looks like she's got a big mouth that won't shut up about love. "From one lady Reaper to another, I won't tell a living soul here," she said.

I told her about Adrian being the Headmaster, some of what he's done so far, and that he was a Reaper. Only I didn't say his real or fake name. "Oh darling pleeesss let me plan your wedding." "How about you take my breakfast back, let me get ready, and go do your job."

Grells POV:

I felt like a butler—or should I say maid—again, but here at (S/N) College they treat and help each other out like sisters. I kinda like it. And there are handsome men across the street . . . no . . . I love it here. Since a certain Headmaster is taken, I'm left with choosing between William and Bassy, and I kept my word that I wouldn't tell any living soul here, since the living soul already knows.

💀🖤time skip🖤💀

(Y/N)s POV:

I had my lunch in my dorm—a plate of (___) and a drink of water—and once I finished I picked up the stack of papers Grace left at my table. I looked down at my table and noticed a napkin with a cookie on it. "Oh right our night playing chess, I completely forgot about you." I looked at that cookie in the shape of a heart, with the words 'I love you' in (F/C). I started to think about all the times he said he loved me: in sweet ways, in lustful ways, in romantic ways, then I remembered the last time he said it to me . . . I looked back at the cookie . . .
it was a cookie broken in half now. I dropped the papers.
I went looking through drawers like mad when Grace came in. "Headmistress are you alright?" I remembered where it was, "Headmistress are you alright?" In an old suitcase behind my wardrobe, "(Y/N), are, you, ok?"
She never calls me by my name, she even shook me to make sure I was awake.
"(Y/N)?" My hand was on the lock, I can't open this with her here, this is my Grim Reaper life, the life I choose to leave behind when I got settled in here.
"I'm fine, Grace, don't worry." As we both got up I took a quick look at the suitcase. I know what I have to do. "Grace, I want you, mistress Michaelis, and mistress Sutcliff to meet me at the chapel at nine tonight."

💀🖤time skip🖤💀

There were three ladies walking down the isle, a human, a Demon, and a Reaper who was eyeing the Demon like a dessert that you want to eat in one bite.
"Well we're here, what news do you have of him?" Grella asked. "What makes you think this's of him?" "Honey the three of us—"
Bassy covered Grellas mouth, "just a hunch, Headmistress." "Or the fact that we're the only three ladies to whom you've talked about him, and this's a place you can be honest about anything," Grace said, and once again she's always right. "Whenever you're ready, Headmistress," Bassy said. I touched my locket, I hope I'm doing the right thing.

💀🖤little time skip🖤💀

"Every time he said the words I love you, it was like I was in a whole other world. When he'd stay the night and have to leave early in the morning for work, he would write down something romantic on a piece of paper, and end it with I love you and his name."
"Awwwww," Grace said. "How sweet," Bassy said. "Who knew he had poetry in him," Grella said. "Yes, yes it was," I turned to the alter, "until one night."

I went and got the paper, over the years and locked away it went from white to yellow, and you could hardly see the words but they were there.

I love you.

"Where's his name?" Grace asked. "Where's his poetry?" Grella asked. "Headmistress?" I had to take a deep breath, a normal girl would probably cry now. But I'm not normal.

"No name, no beautiful or romantic words, just the words I love you. These are the last words he said to me and that I have of him . . . Before he left me that night."