8: First date

Chapter shall include a backstory that is literally the title. Don't worry there'll be a second chance first date soon. And here's the outfit for tea.
F/C=favorite color.

(Y/N)s POV:

I told Grace that Adrian was a old friend who passed away, truth is he was a friend, but then he became more than a friend. And I could have given her the letter, but this message I had to give to someone who would be there and back in a matter of seconds.

Undertakers POV:

I had so many dreams about her these past days, I couldn't stop pacing back and forth. Did she realize that I put the locket around her neck? Should I write to her asking her out, or wait for her to ask me? Is she even going to send me a letter in general.
Knock knock.
"Come in." It was the butler, "You have word from her Headmistress." I opened the letter.

I remember that you told me in the Reaper Realm you get a second chance at life and love. We may not be in the Reaper Realm, but I'm gonna give you a second chance. Meet me at my college gates at 3:30 tomorrow for tea. And I know you won't be late.
(Y/N).

"So is it a date?" "No, but I'll make sure the next one is." When the butler left I sat down and thought about all the dates we had and times we went out for dinner, all the outfits she had on, and her most beautiful one was on the first date.

📚backstory📚

At work she was just a coworker, but after work—at that same pub and some others—she was a friend. "You wanted to speak to me, Adrian." "(Y/N), remember when I bought you a drink and we said we weren't on a date." She came closer, "Yes?"
"Well, will you go on a date with me?" She smiled. "I'd love to, but since I'm a lady I'm gonna need to know where we're going so I know how to dress, or am I gonna choose where we eat like I chose where we drank." "Just put on the nicest dress you have tomorrow, and give me your address." She wrote it down and went to the door. "See you tomorrow." When I looked at her address, I couldn't believe it . . . Her apartment building was just across the street, at the other end of the block. "How did I not notice this?" Then again most of the Reapers of the association live in either of our buildings and the ones around them. I guess she takes the long way home.

🖤💀date time💀🖤

She was in a (F/C) A-line, off-the-shoulder, short-long lace dress, with black heels, and a small purse for an accessory. I told her to look nice, but she looks . . . "Beautiful, you look beautiful." And I'm in a shirt with black jeans, a coat, and shoes. "You look handsome, and your hair's braided back?" "Just the top left side, makes it a bit easier to see," I stuck my arm out, "shall we be off then madame." Our arms locked together.
"Lead the way."
I took her to the building with both restaurants, diners, shops, and what I think is the best view of our little city. "Wow, what a view." "Wait till dinners over and I'll take you to the top." We ate at a fancy restaurant with the finest wine in the city. "I believe you asked me this same question when you bought me a drink. Why this place?" She asked. "Because I think at your second chance at life and love, your first date should be at a nice place, not a dirty pub in the human world." Our wine arrived, nice and red with sweet flavors. "How about a toast, Adrian, to a second chance at life," she finished the sentence blushing, "and love." "To a second chance."
Cling.

(Y/N)s POV:

"(Y/N) keep your eyes closed till I say open." "*sigh* Fine." The only thing that opened was the door to the roof, I could feel the wind blowing through my hair. "Alright you can open your eyes now." "Are we at the edge? Tell me we're not at the edge." "No we're not at the edge, we're at the right spot with a perfect view of the city." What he said in my ear gave me shivers. "If you're still afraid, with your permission, I'll put my hands on your waist." I turned my head, and opened my eyes, the full moon made his hair shine just as bright as his eyes. "You may put your hands on my waist." When I turned my head back, it looked like a reflection of the stars, and it was so quiet and peaceful up here. "Wow, I could look at this all night." "I come up here sometimes to get my mind off work, for peace and quiet, or just to think." I had to look back at him.
"Mind if I join you next time?" A smile on his face brightened the night even more.
"Sure, I'll come get you."

💀🖤back to the 1880s🖤💀

Once again he was on time, his tie was purple like the details on my dress. "Nice to see you again, Headmistress." "Likewise, come along, we have tea to drink and sweets to swallow." At three thirty the girls and mistresses are having tea in their houses and getting ready for sports, so the halls are as quiet as the forest. And all the way in the back, pass the ballroom building, the fruits and vegetables garden, and behind some trees, is a little lake with our gazebo. (Instead of a round roof it has a flat roof.)

"It's lovely, Headmistress

"It's lovely, Headmistress." "We'll be alone here and we're at least a mile from the school, you can call me by my name, Adrian." "Well in that case, ladies first, (Y/N)." Just like at his gazebo, he pulled out the seat for me. "So, (Y/N), what have we on the menu today?" "Well besides your basic earl gray tea, we have cookies that are shaped like our houses flowers and custard that I made myself, along with fresh fruits that I picked and washed to go with the custard." "Hmmm, where do I start?" He took a bit of everything and put it on his plate. "Haha well somebody was hungry."
"I'm just trying out a bit of everything, since I'm the one who taught you how to bake, I want to make sure you made everything right." He took a bite of all eight cookies—and two are the same flower. "So what do you think?" ". . . I'm gonna need a box to take some back with me." We had tea, we had custard with fruits, and we talked . . . We talked about all the dates we went on. "Remember when we went on a picnic date," He said. "I remember getting drizzled on by rain, and us spinning around until we fell."
"Hehehe, that was the best part. What about the time we went to the theater."
"Oh yah, the show was called Les Misérabels, and you said you were in France a couple of times taking souls." "Yes I was, and I did hear the people sing, until they got shot and I had to look at their cinematic record." *sigh* I was actually having fun, at his gazebo we were talking business, but here, we're old friends thinking back on old memories.

"(Y/N), do you remember our first date?" I thought back on that question, and when I looked back at Adrian, I could see the city behind him . . . "What I liked most about that night, Adrian, was the view of the city that you showed me." All these talks of dates, is he . . . "Can you stand up for a second, (Y/N)." Affirmative. "What is it, Adrian?"
"I've been thinking about them for a while, and you're giving me a second chance . . . (Y/N) . . . would you like to go on a date with me, again? And I promise it'll be better than the first one." I looked up, and I knew my answer. "Come back here in two days at night, and you'll see why this's called the Moon Gazebo. I'll bring dinner, and you bring dessert. I'll write to you." "That's a yes, right?"
"Yes that's a yes," a smile wouldn't leave my face, "Now let's get you a bag for these leftovers."

We were at the gates with his dessert for dinner. "Farewell, Headmistress." He's only kissed my knuckles twice, but both times I could see one of his eyes for a second. Why is he covering them? "Farewell, Headmaster, until we meet again." When I turned around there were a couple of girls in front of me asking questions, but I didn't pay attention to them . . . I payed attention to the Demon at the front doors of the school.