7: A second chance

Chapter shall include a backstory. (F/D)= favorite drink, don't matter if it's water, soda, or even liquor. 😊 trigger warning ⚠️

Ciels POV:

"So how did it go?" "Well . . . She knows what I am I told her we know who the Undertaker is and I think she trusts me so I told her why we're here."
"YOU DID WHAT?"
"I said I—"
"I know what you said! Sebastian my order was talk to her, get to know her, and get her to trust you."
"I did young master, but it wasn't easy since the vice headmistress was with us. What I did gather was she met the Undertaker when she was a Reaper at the age of twenty seven, he gave her a locket with their initials on it on her first deathday, and three years later he just disappeared. Both stories are the same thing just with different details and points of view." "I see, but does she trust you?" "She asked a Demon if she should give him a second chance, I think that says enough." They both have talked to us, now they just need to talk to each other. "Wait what exactly did you tell her about why we're here?" "I told her that a woman sent us here, and she guessed that the reason we're both still here is because of her and Undertaker." She's right about that. "So now what do we do? Wait for them to go on their first date again."
"Precisely, my Lord, but first she has to give him a second chance."

(Y/N)s POV:

By supper I was still decision-less, even if I do give him a second chance how are we gonna meet? Where are we gonna meet that won't be the same places over and over again? I had to take my mind off of this for a while, so I put lavender oil in my bathtub, it was like being in a spa. Once it was my ten o'clock curfew, I had made a decision . . .
I would let my dreams decide for me.

📚backstory/at the Grim Reaper Dispatch Association📚

Alright where is he? I actually had to do paperwork on five of those records, the one I have in my hand about Robin Hood was just for fun, but this was no fun at all. "Let's see, where are you where are you where are you . . . There ya are." I had to look up his office number, 626, with any luck he's done collecting souls for today and is in office.
Knock knock.
"Who is it?" "It's the book that fell on your face a few days ago." I heard him chuckle.
"Come in." His office was pretty dark, the only light came from a medieval chandelier and the lamp on his desk, he had a coffin couch, and cabinets for paperwork and files on souls. "Do you like what you see?" What I was seeing now was a man on a seat with skeleton bones around it, and his death scythe—a skeleton, with thorns around its skull, and the blade coming out from the back of it's head—next to him. "How could you." "How could I what?" I threw him the book, "How could you let poor Maid Marion become a widow after just being married to Robin Hood for only three days." "You saw how he died, he was poisoned, and I just went and did my job." "Hmph." I couldn't look at him.
"You liked the record book didn't you?" My eyes turned for a second and saw a smile on his face. ". . . It was ok I guess, I mean robbing the rich to feed the poor, that's nice." "Yes it was . . . How about I make it up to you."
"By doing what?" Wait why did I say that, I know what he's thinking. "By getting you a drink," there it is, "How many more hours will you be here?" "Two, I clock out at six." "Same time as me, just wait for me at the entrance."
A normal woman would of ran away, but this place is not normal. "Ok, I'll wait, but you got till six-ten or I'm out. Now give me back the book." He threw it at me, he missed me but not the door. "What're ya trying to do, hit me in the face?" "Hihihi, well then we would have been even, since I think that's the book that hit me in the face."

💀🖤two hours and ten minutes later 🖤💀

"Well well, look who's on time." "Well you learn from collecting souls, the sooner you get them on their time of death, the sooner you get done with work. So where would you like to go?" We went to this new pub here in the realm with my three favorite things, (___), (___), and (___) music. We sat in a booth in the corner. "So, why this place?" he ask. "Well would you rather go to a dirty pub in the human world?" "Touché."
When we walked in it got quiet, now the whispers are starting to sound like words. "Sounds like someone is getting famous both in and out of work," I said. "Well when you travel with a death scythe that's taller than you, people do tend to notice." We both got (F/D), now the question was what do we talk about? I mean we have the same job—sort of. "So, (Y/N), what do you do besides write and go through paperwork all day, and martial arts on the weekends, which by the way you should have been able to catch the book since you take martial arts." "Ok first, I just started martial arts a week ago, so don't rush me, and second, not much I just help out at the Reaper Orphanage." I had to take a breath before I kept talking. ". . . I use to take care of kids when I was alive, when my parents were too busy or couldn't, and when I was ready to start a life with the man I loved . . . I found him with another. I was so broken-hearted, that I ended my life that same day . . . by jumping off a cliff."

Undertakers POV:

A conversation that was supposed to be about what you do, led to be about what you did to end your life and wake up here. Everything she said after the Reaper Orphanage, she said looking out the window. I took her hand, it felt like the right thing to do. "Then he wasn't the right man for you," it looked like she was about to cry, but she wiped her tears away. "At least in this realm you get a second chance at life and love," I said. She started to giggle, "Are you volunteering for the job, Adrian Crevan?" I took my hand back. "W-wha, ok change of subject, any hobbies like drawing, cooking, music?"
"You first."
"Ok, I like baking pastries and playing piano."

(Y/N)s POV:

"Well I like dancing, my father taught me how to waltz, and (___), and I've always wanted to learn how to play piano." "How about a deal, you teach me to waltz, and I teach you how to play piano." He brought back his hand. "It's a deal."
We talked so much that we ended up having an appetizer, and once we finished it we both knew we had to leave because it looked like we were on a date.
"Ok let's be clear about this, this was not a date," I said. "Got it . . . But can we do this again some other time, and if I want it to be a date I'll make sure to ask you." "And if I want it to be a date, I'll make sure to ask you." Sure men do most of the asking, but if I want something done, I'm not gonna wait too long. "Alright then, see you tomorrow, (Y/N)." "You too, Adrian."

💀🖤back to the 1880s🖤💀

"Adrian, Adrian, Adrian."
"Headmistress?"
"Whu!" Grace came to my side like an older sister. I was mumbling his name, I was mumbling his real name, not the one he's using here. "It's alright it's alright, you were just having a dream." A dream, or a memory. "How about you have breakfast in bed, you seem like you could use it." While eating I thought about my dream and what I said to myself last night—about my dreams deciding for me—once I finished, I set the trey aside and went to my desk. "Grace, you were right as always, a man does deserve a second chance." "Oh how exciting, don't worry I won't tell a soul." Time for tea at my gazebo this time. "Oh and Headmistress . . . Who's Adrian?"

Cliffhanger.
I had the words 'second chance' in here 6 times, and the reason his office number is 626 is because when I went to keep writing the time was 6:26, PM.