5: The day we met

Chapter shall include a backstory that is literally the title of this chapter. (H/C)=hair color
(G/S)=glasses style.

(Y/N)s POV:

The night went great: we talked, we waltz, we even laughed. Cecilia was a bit clumsy, she slipped and took a few students down with her, and the last kids leg stretched out, hitting Olga in the butt and pushing her into the table of pastries. When it was time to retire for the night, I noticed a rectangular box on my bed, there was a letter with it.

Humans celebrate birthdays, we Reapers celebrate deathdays. I gave this to you on your first deathday, I wanted to put it back on you when we were having tea, but time got in the way. Keep it, it was yours then, and it is now.
Adrian.

I crumbled up the paper and threw it in my trash bin, I should have known it was in here, it's the right size. I was too exhausted to care about the locket so I left it on the table. I took off the comb Cecilia gave me, got out of my dress, and into my nightgown.
My makeup was off, my teeth and face was washed, and the whole time I felt like that box was calling out to me. "I'll deal with you tomorrow."

Undertakers POV:

Before getting some sleep I met with the young Earl and his butler on the roof of (S/N). "Thank you for playing the violin, Sebastian." "I was only obeying my Lords orders."
"Hehe, don't you mean, hehe, lady HAHA—"
"Oh shut it, Undertaker, the only reason we're helping you is because it gets you out of Weston and her out of (S/N)." It's only been two days since I met her again, and I don't think she'll leave this place that easily. "Now young Earl, do you want those discounts or not?" "What I want is to get out of this corset. Come on Sebastian let's go." "Yes, my Lord."

🖤💀time skip💀🖤

In bed I thought over my plan: spend time with her, get her to say that she loves me, and then persuade her to leave this place/come back with me to the parlor and reaper realm. I'll have to send her letters to see if she can spend some time with me and vice versa, and if need be, have Sebastian be our messenger. She's Juliet, I'm Romeo, and Sebastian and the young Earl are Friar Laurence. I couldn't sleep, I just had to see my Juliet. Since our colleges were like mirrors, I knew where her dorm was—that and Sebastian did some sneaking around. There was a tree outside her window which made this all the more romantic, the curtains were open, and thanks to my Grim Reaper eyes I could see in the dark. She was a treasure: in a black nightgown with white lace at the hems, long eyelashes, (H/C) hair that shines in the dark, and light pink lips that use to say the words I love you. I couldn't help myself, I snuck in through the window, I got a closer look at her and noticed she didn't have her locket on, I was worried she threw it away, but I saw the box on the table. A locket, with both our initials on it and a arrow going through them. "Mmmm, Adrian." I turned to her and froze . . . What do I say? . . .
She was now face up with her chest moving up and down, at least she's a heavy sleeper. Now was my chance, I walked over to her, and put the locket back on her.
"I'm so sorry for what I did, I know you still love me (Y/N)(L/N), and I will explain everything to you soon. I will have you back in my arms my treasure, I won't stop trying until I do." I got out of there fast because I knew if I looked at her any longer, I'd kiss her and she'd wake up frightened, then realize it was me and slap me.

📚backstory time, and still in his POV📚

Being a Grim Reaper is so easy, it's boring. You take the souls of dead human beings, if you miss it you have to fill out paperwork on it. You look at their cinematic record—the life they lived—before you take their soul to see if they deserve to live again, well I say just take the soul and move on to the next dead body. Just today I collected five souls and have them now in record books, that means off to the Grim Reaper library to turn them in/add them to the collection. I turned them in and decided to look around, I guess the best thing about being a Reaper is you get to read and watch a movie at the same time, I've been one for only a few years, I'm so good at this job that I think that's why I don't have many friends . . . Or any, I think. It can get pretty lonely down here, but let's be honest, and adventure doesn't just fall from the sky. "Look out." "Huh?" I looked up and a book fell on my face. "Ouch . . . Ugh, and I thought books brought knowledge, not pain." Fifteen shelfs up was a girl, is she checking out books or putting them back because it looks like she's got more in her hands. "I, am, sooooo sorry." "No no it's alright, besides, pops made these glasses so there's not a scratch." "Great, so you think you can catch the other five?" One by one they came down, and then I set them on the floor.

"Hey thanks, again I'm sorry a-ahhh." She slipped, I've never met a girl so clumsy, I only had to take three steps forward and I caught her. She had (H/C) hair, and (G/S).
"Th-Thanks for saving me." "Well there were already books falling down and hitting me in the face, but I don't think you deserve to hit the floor." Her cheeks started to turn pink. "Thats very kind, oh I almost forgot, what's your name?" "Adrian Crevan."
"Well, Adrian Crevan, you can put me down now." Now my cheeks were turning pink, I must have had her in my arms for over a minute. I put her down and she went to get those books. "By the way what's with all those records?" "Oh you know, paperwork and studying, and writing a paper about what you studied. Or just checking out records because you want something to read and watch." Sadly the female Reaper only writes down the names and facts about the souls we men have to reap, for them it's paper all day long. "Here, at least let me take three of those." "Oh if you insist."
I noticed she had the cinematic record of Robin Hood, wait till she finds out I took his life. "You know I never asked you what your name was," I said. "Alright then, ask me." This girl, wearing trousers instead of a skirt, a shirt and tie, and a jacket. Almost as if she were one of the men. "What's your name?" ". . . It's (Y/N), (Y/N)(L/N)."

📚time skip📚

We were both out of the library, and now it was time for us to part ways. "Well, Adrian, it was nice to meet you, I'm sure I'll see you back in the building tomorrow." "Same to you, (Y/N), here are the records, and I noticed a record here says Robin Hood. Come find me once you're done with it." She nodded her head and turned her back to me. As she walked her way home, I just stood there looking at her; there's something special about her, a lady who would rather wear trousers instead of a skirt, takes martial arts, helps out at the reaper orphanage when she can. She lives as if she were still human. Except for the part about needing glasses all the time, yellow-green eyes like everyone else, and being immortal. "Hehe, see you tomorrow, (Y/N)(L/N)."

🖤the next chapter timeline will be back in the 1880s🖤

I know Grim Reapers live in hell, but I like to call it reaper realm.