29: The Thorns of Death

Previously:
These words, "where did you find this?" "Why did you leave her, Undertaker?" Earl Phantomhive asked. "Tell me little Reaper and Demon, what do you know about the Thorns of Death?"

Undertakers POV:

Just saying the name gives me goosebumps. "I haven't heard those words since they were on our homework," Grell said. "Now that I think about it, you did mention those words when me and my young master asked you if you knew the Headmistress." "What is this Thorns of Death?" Phantomhive asked. Hearing the name brings back the memories, the memories that I never told her.

3rd person POV:

The Undertaker jumped off the roof like when he jumped off the wall at the midnight tea party. "Sebastian after—"
"Wait, I think I can explain it to you." Grell said.
In his dorm the Undertaker stared at his reflection, wanting to brake that mirror, but the last thing he wanted was seven years bad luck. If not for him then for (Y/N). "When the time is right, I'll tell her why I left," he said to himself.

📚backstory📚

Undertakers POV:

Souls have been getting hard to collect, and men say they're becoming dark, so dark that they become vengeful and fight against us Reapers. Men in the E.R. say the cinematic record manifested into the form of thorns and attacked them, we haven't heard from them in a while. "Here are files on your next souls . . . Adrian . . . Adrian, you awake?" My head fell on my desk, "what'd you do that for?" "You were thinking about the thorns weren't you." She came to my side of the desk and sat on my lap. "Don't you worry about those thorns, nothing can stop you from collecting souls." She gave me a kiss on my forehead, "or coming back to me," then on my lips. "See you later."
When I got back from collecting souls, a Doctor I know personally came to me and told me that he and the heads confirmed that it was a disease.
"Are you sure?" "Affirmative, the bodies of the men in the E.R. died a few hours ago, and I have all the news right here with me, I wanted to show you first before I hand it out to the reporters." I skimmed through the papers, the only similarity between these men—besides their job—was what they died of.
"The Thorns of Death?" "Ya that's what the heads are calling it." I was a little worried now, men are the only ones who get it, the last thing we need is to pass it on to women. "Is there a cure?" "I don't know, but I'll be sure to tell you first. Be careful out there, unlike those men you have something to come back to in this realm." I looked at the clock, 6:10. "Oh shit." "What, how bad is it?"
"It's worse then the Thorns of Death . . . an impatient, getting angry, girlfriend."

💀🖤a few days later🖤💀

A record attacked me aiming for my heart, it missed my heart, but not my ankle. It turned into thorns and gave me little cuts that felt like I was slashed through the chest with a sword, but at least it was close to me so collecting the record was easy. I collected the soul that was a few blocks from this one, them went to the doctor limping, "don't tell me." "Then don't ask," I said.

💀🖤little time skip🖤💀

"At least it's not near your heart, now just keep you leg up and you'll be fine." "Alright," ya I'll be fine until it reaches my heart, "tell me you found a cure for this." "I did actually, and like I said I'd tell you first . . . Since the soul that attacked you was dark, you'll have to collect a pure soul." "Ok, you know now that I think about it, the soul I collected after this one was pretty pure, and my foot didn't hurt that much."
"Great, one down, nine hundred and ninety-nine more to go." "Wait what?"