Preparation

So I was home. Rohan told me that the date for the date would be three nights from today. Yes, I see him one other time before then, but it was work related. He wanted to have the most optimized date he could have. He was a weird man.

But he was intriguing indeed.

When I got home, I was in my closet trying to find the best outfit to wear. In the end, I had three totally different possible outfits. Had a cute sun dress, a snazzy collar shirt and vest and a dark and elegant dress. I didn't want to shine over Rohan's beautiful looks, then I didn't want to look more masculine than him. I also didn't want to overdress.
...
...
...
I got three more days.

But enough about me.

The day after tomorrow, I was at the cafe. This time I was early and waiting for Rohan. I had my notebook, writing utensils and two drinks in front of me. One was my lemonade and the other is tea for Rohan.

He spent yesterday focusing on his manga. I was eager to see him again.

Soon Rohan arrived. He actually brought the drip today! He wore a sweater croptop with suspenders. Get this: his sweater had oval holes. ALL. OVER. He greeted, "Good afternoon."

"Hi," I replied trying not to smile too hard. I cleared my throat.

Man, I wish he would wear that at our date since today is strictly work.

We got to business. While we were working, I kept taking on glancing at Rohan. Watching him work was inspiring me to focus and work well.

Eventually, he asked to go over what I wrote.

He said his usual few insults coupled with a compliment. Of course, it made me want fight him, but I could live with it. He was giving useful information that I could use with my craft.

During our session, I wondered what else I didn't know about him. I want to know more about him, but it wasn't the time to stray from the task.

I made a mental note to ask the people that knew him about him. And that's what I did.

Later, I found Yukako at the park. She was strolling around without a care in the world when I approached her.

I asked her what she knew about Rohan.

Her answer: "He tried to take Koichi from me! He's pushy, self-centered, and all her cares about is himself!"

Not the answer I wanted, but I took note of it. "Hm, may be into men."

Later, I found Koichi at the convenient store. I asked him what he thought about Rohan.

His answer was filled with admiration and weariness: "He's an amazing mangaka, but he can get overbearing at times."

I took note what Koichi said. "Hm, great mangaka." Yep, already knew that. "But overbearing..." I don't feel that way around him, so this was good to know.

Later, I found Josuke and Okuyasu hanging out at the mall.

I asked them the same question.

Okuyasu answered: "He's a creepy guy. He almost made me catch myself on fire!

Okay, that was unexpected! I took note of what he said. "May be an arsonist. Whoa."

Josuke answered: "He may be a bit off, but he's a decent guy. He helped save my life a couple of times. Even when his life was in danger. Yes, we had a rough start, but he is a good guy."

Now that was an answer I was hoping for. I kept in mind: "A decent guy."

I made my way around the town today. With the data I gathered, I dwelled on it. Now it was time to get ready for tomorrow's date.