14. Howl

Okay okay okay. Pease don't take this the wrong way in the book k? Accalia sees zoos as a bad thing because ya know.

But understand there are pros and cons to zoos to put it simply there is a website you can click on so you understand zoos better.

I did a lot of reading and stuff but to be honest in the book it will mostly all be fake.

This book is a work of fiction, places people and yada yada yada are all from the author's imagination. So please don't think that zoos are horrible places there is a link below that you can check out that tells you stuff lol.

https://greengardenblog.org/list-of-11-biggest-pros-and-cons-of-zoos

———————————————————————

I open my eyes to be in a cave. A fake cave. Good thing is I'm still in wolf form and Aidens coat is still with me.

I take in the scents around me and realize I'm not dead I am alone though there is an old scent of normal wolves but not anymore.

I get up trying to mind link the pack but I'm so far away. Probably in a different state.

I walk out side of the large cave, even for me, and take in my surroundings. There was a chain link fence, large rocks to lay on, a slab of rock about ten feet up to also lay on, an artificial stream to drink from, a couple medium sized pine trees no where near they ones at home, dirt, leaves and a couple more different things around the enclosure but the thing that churches me eye is up about sixty feet there are giant metal bars with people watch me with wide eyes and dropping jaws.

I role my eyes at their faces guess no ones seen a wolf before. At least I don't look like fish out of water down here.

The crowd erupts with 'can wolves role their eyes?' And 'wow' and yada yada ya.

I walk up to a large rock sit down and let my most heart wrenching howl out. Hoping that someone will hear it some type of wolf. Just someone.

A heavy tear rolls down my nose as I cry out again. I did this for my pack and I'll do it again but it still doesn't mean that I'm not heart broken about losing everything..

The crowd cheered. They cheered for my howl. The don't even know the truth. I whimper and jump on the ledge with ease but before I do I grab Aidens coat hugging it whilst in a ball.

That's when the onlookers go 'awww' and 'cute' and 'poor thing.' I just close my eyes breathing Aidens scent in hoping to sleep.

****

I'm woken by a man throwing me raw meat by the smell I'd guess it's deer.

"Hey girly how ya doin'" the man asks tossing some meet on the ledge of where I'm laying.

"What's your name? Or should I name ya." He says.

I look up at him with suspicion "I didn't do anything from it I swear." He says tossing another piece of meats on my ledge.

I eat what's on the ledge and write my name in the dirt with my claws.

The mans eyes big out as I look up at him. "Uhh.. ucalia no ucacklia no Accalia that's it." I nod my head at him catching the piece of meat he threw in midair.

"Your a smarty huh?" He asks and I nod my wolf head. "Well in Toxum. It's weird but it's my name." He says smiling as I glare at him.

A/N (tocks-um)

"Do ya need me to take that coat out of their I think someone left in the pen on accident" he says starting to walk away towards some stairs. I growl at him picking the coat up in the process.